Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

I have more dollars than sense. Where is the most outrageously expensive place to stay??

Search

I have more dollars than sense. Where is the most outrageously expensive place to stay??

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 10:20 AM
Robyn

I want it all -- marble bathrooms, expensive lounge furniture, turn-down service, bidets, valet unpacking, because I don't know how to enjoy the Caribbean anymore for what it is. I need man-made luxury around me because the surroundings are not enough.

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 10:34 AM
xxx

Robyn. Ask Liz. She appears to be queen of the more dollars than sense kingdom.

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 10:39 AM
this is luxury

Musha Cay, Bahamas.<BR><BR>mushacay.com

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 11:15 AM
Iwish

But Musha Cay seems to be more for those with Dollars & Sense. I think Robyn is looking for something a bit more glitzy, a bit more pretentious and really not worth it. C'mon all you big buck wannabees, help her out!

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 11:17 AM
SBHlover

HOME!

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 11:21 AM
glitzy vegas

Then Vegas. Get a penhouse suite at Bellagio.

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 11:23 AM
don't know

What's the name of the hotel that looks like a sail boat in Dubai?......That looks glizty.....<BR><BR>Call Donal Trump, maybe he can help you out.

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 11:51 AM
Robin Leach

You could BUY Musha Cay it's for sale for a mere pittance $52 million.Then you could have your very own staff at your beck and call.<BR>Other than that The Ocean Club on Paradise Island or Kamalame Cay might suffice.<BR>www.mushacay.com<BR>www.kamalame.com<B R>Champagne wishes etc.etc.

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 11:54 AM
tivertonhouse

Indulge in overexcess at K-Club,Barbuda/Sandy Lane,Barbados or go farther afield to<BR>Lemuria or Fregate in Seychelles.Bidets at all, probably endoscopic services available on-call as well...

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 12:46 PM
Bill

The world's most extravagant hotel....the one in Dubai, is the Hotel Burj Al-Arab.<BR>Listen to this rundown of the CHEAPEST rooms: 1600 sq. ft, downstairs living room with wet bar, guest bathroom, 42 inch plasma screen TV and business center, spiral staircase up to bedroom with Jacuzzi bath and media center.<BR>A bargain compared to the best of the Caribbean, at just over $700/nt.

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 01:26 PM
Annie

The world's most expensive hotel room is the Bridge Suite at Atlantis - tacky enough?

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 01:35 PM
Robyn

Hey guys, now I will have to actually seriously consider your suggestions. Seriously though, I'd rather a 3-star in BVI than a five-star in Dubai or the Bridge suite in Atlantis.

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 05:30 PM
xxx

But what about all the "tacky" people you will have to deal with--you know the resorts when they have to tell you what to wear to dinner!! This is simply unheard of if they have to suggest to you what to wear what kind of clientel do they cater to??? They would never have to tell the late Jackie O what to wear??? Oh she is whom I identify with!! I want a place where she would have stayed. Nothing less will ever do and I will charge it all on my charge after all I deserve it. I have worked hard all of my life. That is where I am off to-----He-he-he.

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 06:28 PM
xxx

Look forward to seeing you on St. Croix then since she spent part of her honeymoon aboard the HoneyFizz (was that the name of the yacht?) on St. Croix. It was a favorite of the Bush family too so either bend in politics is covered.

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 07:51 PM
take me

Where did you decide? Take me, pleeze.<BR>wink wink

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 02:12 AM
xxx

Yes I will see you there or the Greek Islands. I must also have a bathroom to include an automatic washer in the commode. You know the one that cleans, washes, I insist on 3 splashes. Not 2 but threee. The water must be a minimum of 80 degrees witht the last splash being 75! Last but not least, a powder spray will be perfect! I cannot stay anywhere at all where this is not included. The powder is most important and must be changed and attended to daily!! (wink wink)

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 03:56 AM
Nancy

Robyn, In Anguilla there are outrageously expensive villas: Altamar, Temenos and Cerulean. I know Cerulean has a chef,full staff, wine cellar and tennis courts (my Doctor stays there). Not sure of the prices but they are outrageously expensive beginning at $7,000 a day. Anguilla has everything you want including beautiful beaches, incredible food and extremely friendly people. If $7,000 is too steep, try the pool villa at Cap Juluca. I believe they all have websites:<BR><BR>www.altamar.com<BR>www.temenosvil las.com<BR>www.ceruleanvilla.com<BR>www.capjuluca.com

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 05:56 AM
doc

This is a first.Usually people try to save money on this forum, not waste.

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 06:58 AM
sally

Don't you know this was a joke??!! Poking fun at the marble-bathroom requirement of some people!

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 10:02 AM
xxx

Yes I was joking also!(xxx) Just being silly! Doing a take off on another thread about the PDC also, this one and (the marble bathrooms) etc.etc. We were just joking around.