Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten. (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/how-to-avoid-nudity-in-st-maarten-1180917/)

finkskitten Jan 12th, 2017 04:34 PM

How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.

My husband and I are going to St. Maarten for our honeymoon and the only people we want to see topless or naked is each other. What are some beautiful beaches and locations in St. Maarten that don't have nudity and don't allow nudity or being topless

blamona Jan 12th, 2017 06:51 PM

All pretty much allow it, you'll see less on the Dutch side, but you still might see it.

You get "immune" to it, why pick St. Martin if you don't want to see it?

janisj Jan 12th, 2017 07:58 PM

You will probably just have to close your eyes.

WoinParis Jan 14th, 2017 06:28 AM

We call them 'les culs nus' and they are about everywhere.
We explained to our 6 years daughter that some people go naked.
Unfortunately they are rarely sexy ;-)

suze Jan 15th, 2017 09:46 AM

You need to go to a British or Spanish island, instead of a French influenced one.

Bassguy66 Jan 16th, 2017 05:54 AM

That's like asking how to go to the beach and not see water. I'm sorry, but this is the silliest thread I've seen here in a while. With the tiniest fraction of research, one would know that you will are going to an island that completely accepts this practice.
You are choices are simple. Choose a different island as the one you picked almost guarantees you'll see some skin. Chances are very good, that no matter which island in the Caribbean your choose, you (might) see this. You want a guarantee of NOT seeing any? Go to Disney.

suze Jan 16th, 2017 10:06 AM

Don't go to the beach?

Bassguy66 Jan 16th, 2017 10:15 AM

Don't go to R rated movies either....LOL

schmerl Jan 17th, 2017 04:40 AM

We didn't see much total nudity unless we walked to the end of Orient Beach that is known for that.
However, topless was pretty much everywhere.

WoinParis Jan 18th, 2017 02:14 PM

You missed the fun Schmerlll

We went to nearly all beaches and saw nudes everywhere.
The funniest were a bunch of Toulousains I would say. All above 50 playing pétanque naked but with 50 pounds of equipment each.
The most arrogant a U.S. Young girl who was clearly disappointed if you didn't look at her. Was funny actually she was getting sunburnt - a nice rose color - would become a well cooked lobster soon after.

janisj Jan 18th, 2017 02:29 PM

She registered and posted the question and hasn't been back.

Maybe a troll??? (or a newbie who doesn't know she need to come back to see responses)

suze Jan 18th, 2017 03:06 PM

or maybe they're already out & sunbathing nude on their honeymoon?

WoinParis Jan 19th, 2017 01:52 AM

Gives us the opportunity to talk...
I hope you are well both of you and that 2017 started well.
Any resolution for 2017 ? I took one to be nicer on Fodors but broke it in a matter of hours ;-)
I'll just be nice with people I find nice and for the others, since I cannot ignore stupid or offensive (*) comments, not much hope there...
(*) under my personal definition, it can cover a lot of posts !

Bassguy66 Jan 19th, 2017 12:50 PM

I'm thinking they booked a honeymoon to the Amish Country? ;-)

suze Jan 19th, 2017 01:52 PM

The title of this thread should have been "How to avoid nudity on a honeymoon" !!!

Bassguy66 Jan 20th, 2017 04:56 AM

I've heard that Hedonism in Jamaica or maybe Desire in the Riviera Maya would fit their needs perfectly. ;-)

suze Jan 20th, 2017 08:26 AM

Or Hidden Beach Resort south of Cancun.