Notices

How does one get to Nevis?

Jan 4th, 2002, 09:24 AM
Aries

How does one get to Nevis?

After reading for the first time about Nevis on this site, particularly The Four Seasons resort, I am interested in this island and resort for a future vacation.
How do I get there from Atlanta? Does it involve more than just flying (my assumption is YES)?
Also, do they have live steel drum bands playing by the pool? I love that!
Thanks in advance...

Jan 4th, 2002, 09:53 AM
Bob

I don't think there are direct flights to Nevis from the US.

To get to Nevis you would fly to St. Kitts, then take the ferry (about 20 minutes) or a Nevis Express plane (5 minutes) over to Nevis.

Jan 4th, 2002, 11:39 AM
mike

Aries,
NevisExpress now flies from San Juan to Nevis. Think the flight is later in the day to allow all mainland flights to get to SJ. Flight back to SJ is early in the morning to allow customs and immigration clearing and connection on flights back to mainland.
Otherwise, Bob's comments are correct. You'll connect through San Juan to St. Kitts then take the 4 Season's shuttle boat, or the NevisExpress plane.
There may be some charter flights from Atlanta directly to St. Kitts.....not too sure about that.
Actually, from Atlanta, you may have to connect in Miami and then on to San Juan.
You know, from Atlanta you could be in Jamaica in a litle over 2 hours. Take a look at the Jamaica Inn (in Ocho Rios), or in the Montego Bay area, Half Moon, the Ritz Carlton, or one of the villas at Tryall.

Search this Thread