Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

How do you get from Anguilla to St. Barths??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4th, 2002, 07:38 AM
Jeanie

After spending a few days in Anguilla we are going to spend some time in St.Barths. I keep hearing different things about the length of time for boats and for flying. How does it really work? What do you recommend?<BR>Thanks so much for the help!

Old Jan 4th, 2002, 08:23 AM
R. Bailey

Winair used to have a flight from Anguilla to St. Barth's - don't know if they still do. If not, 5 minute flight to St. Martin, 10 minute flight to St, Barth's. Time between flights - ?

Old Jan 4th, 2002, 08:51 AM
bvsbrat

There is a ferry that leaves anguilla around 9 am it takes about an hour and returns at 5pm not sure if you can spend the night w/ this deal, but you can also fly winair. The cost of the ferry is $65

Old Jan 5th, 2002, 03:13 AM
Paul

Winair advertises 3 flights per day from Anguilla to St, Martin. Roundtrip is about $85 in high season.<BR>It has probably at least 4 or 5 flights per day to St. Barts. Round trip in high season is probably somewhere around $115. The flight takes 12 minutes. St. Barts has no airport lights or air traffic control, and therefore the last flight of the day is not later than 4 pm or so. The boat trip is at least 45 minutes. The boat trip to St. Barts is usually rough and unpleasant, although the return trip to St. Martin is usually a lot better.

Old Jan 5th, 2002, 04:40 AM
Karen

I found that last December, altho scheduled twice weekly, the ferry between Anguilla and St. Barth's was running only once a week. This December when inquiring I was told that "it was not running yet." I am not sure how reliable the ferry schedule is and maybe someone who is more familiar can confirm. I know I was disappointed with not being able to ferry it.