Reload this Page >

Top 5 restuarant choices in the Caymans

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22nd, 2002, 09:35 AM
Suzanne

I am leaving soon (6 days!! and counting) I have read many post on many sites. Now I have too many restaurants to choose from. I will be there 8 nights.<BR><BR>Please post your top 5 restaurant choices.<BR><BR>Thanks <BR>Suzanne

Old Sep 22nd, 2002, 02:34 PM
Beth

#1 Smuggler's Cove, #2 Crow's Nest, #3 The Reef, #4 Casanovas, #5 Carribean Club, #6 Papagallos and for breakfast or a cheap meal try Eat's. Have Fun!

Old Sep 22nd, 2002, 02:44 PM
x

La Bodega-good food, low prices, big portions, hopping bar<BR><BR>Bella Capri-good food, good prices, great staff<BR><BR>Casanova's-really good food<BR><BR>Lone Star-great bar, Tex/Mex<BR><BR>Airport Restaurant-Just kidding<BR><BR>As a general rule, I don't favor the higher-priced, "fancy" restaurants on Grand Cayman. I don't mind spending lots of money on a good meal, but I find most of these places there to be pretentious beyond their ability to deliver and a disappointment overall. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised with a moderate restaurant than underwhelmed with a top place.

Old Sep 22nd, 2002, 02:51 PM
Traveler

Was in Grand Cayman several years ago so I don't recall all of the restaurant names. I definitely remember Papagallos though....awesome food, awesome atmosphere, awesome service...try their ceasar salad...one of the best I've ever had!

Old Sep 22nd, 2002, 03:37 PM
xxx

Love the Cracked Conch by the turtle farm. And believe it or not, for awesome pizza, Hooks at Treasure Island.

Old Sep 22nd, 2002, 05:32 PM
Patsy

1.Casanova's<BR>2.Smuggler's<BR>3.Ragazzi's<BR>4.A thena's<BR>5.Lone Star

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 03:07 AM
Scott

1) Smuggler's Cove - Easily one of the best on the island, very romantic. Try their signature lobster stuffed filet, is is amazing.<BR><BR>2) The Reef Grill - Another top contender. The sea-bass is to die for.<BR><BR>3) The Calypso Grill - They have a fishcake appetizer that will blow you away.<BR><BR>4) Papagallos - Really neat atmosphere, a little tough to find, but worth it. The lobster ravioli is excellent.<BR><BR>5) Deckers - The all you can eat lobster was quite a treat.

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 05:13 AM
JH

Its been a few years but here it goes:<BR><BR>Grand ole House for the special night. Expensive but you are waited on hand and foot, fabulous view (make reservations for sunset dining)and winderful food. I've had two anniverary dinners there!<BR><BR>The Almond Tree. Love the cayman style lobter.<BR><BR>Papagallos. Unique setting, good food.<BR>The Lobster Pot. When you ask for the fresh catch, just ask what came on the boat that day. <BR><BR>Lunch at the little hut at Rum Pointe. Very good or maybe it was just the view!

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 08:35 AM
cayman420

reef grill<BR>crows nest<BR>the bed<BR>cassanovas<BR>athenas<BR>naked fish

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 11:37 AM
Deanne

Our #1 choice was definitely Ottmar's. 5 star menu, food, service, wine list, and terrific ambience. (5 star prices as well, but it's a great place for that "special dinner" on the island.) We've listed that restaurant as one the main reason's we'd like to go back to Grand Cayman. Papagallo's was good as well.