How bad is Beaches T&C?

Search

How bad is Beaches T&C?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19th, 2010, 03:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How bad is Beaches T&C?

We are planning our first trip to T&C and, while I shudder at the thought of an all-inclusive, are considering Beaches. We have a 5-year-old with severe food allergies. Pre-baby, our favorite island was Anguilla (for restaurants/beaches) and resort: Cap Juluca (beach service, atmosphere). That said, we've since been perfectly happy in a suite at the Contemporary in Disney World because Disney's able to safely accommodate the food allergies of a very picky eater. So we'd like to enjoy beach service in a luxury resort (but not one geared specifically for adults) and with safe "Americanized" food. Suggestions?
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 06:49 PM

All the resorts in Provo can deal with food allergies. Most resorts are condos with full kitchens, and the supermarkets are fully stocked with everything as you would expect in a grocery store in the States. (and just as big)

Most chefs will accommodate allergies in the restaurants, I can't think of one tat won't.

Since you love Cap Jaluca, I highly recommend The Somerset.

Beaches will also accomodate you, but you don't have to choose it just because of that, choose it because it appeals to you.
Old Jul 20th, 2010, 02:32 AM

We have stayed at Cap J and LOVED it , we have also stayed at The Somerset many times and love it MORE... as Blamona said take a look
www.thesomerset.com
Old Jul 20th, 2010, 10:24 AM

Um. How do I say this delicately?

Beaches vs CJ?

Never mind. I agree with the others, lol!
Old Jul 22nd, 2010, 06:25 PM

18 of us (and none of us had children) stayed at Beaches in April - and LOVED it. The food was awesome - the resort manicured and clean - lovely actually - and the beach - sand like flour - water like a swimming pool - snorkeling right off the beach - a coral reef! And your 5 year old will have a blast on the lazy river - the water slides, etc - they have trustworthy kid -sitting - so you and your husband can also enjoy together time! I would highly suggest it for your family.
Old Jul 22nd, 2010, 06:26 PM

By the way - I've also been to Anguilla many times - Shoal Bay East/West!!!!! Turks and Caicos is just as lovely - just bigger.
Old Jan 20th, 2012, 12:40 PM

mlr4: would love to know if you went to Beaches (or Somerset) and what you thought. We're in a similar situation -- spoiled at Cap Juluca, tolerated Disney -- and are now considering Beaches for a kid-friendly and *hopefully* reasonably luxurious vacation.
Old Jan 20th, 2012, 01:11 PM

How abut grace bay club, drenched in luxury, but with the best kids club on the island included? Best of both worlds to me
Old Jan 21st, 2012, 03:35 AM

The Somerset on Grace Bay www.thesomerset.com Great specials now!!
Old Jan 21st, 2012, 06:39 PM

Turks and Caicos is BY FAR my favorite island! We have vacationed at beaches 3 times and we have never had 1 complaint! Stay in the Italian Village for the best experience! Its on the expensive side but well worth it! You won't be disapointed.
Old Jan 21st, 2012, 07:28 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
<B>patrickluke</B>:"<i>mlr4: would love to know if you went to Beaches (or Somerset) and what you thought. </i>"

Doubt you'll hear back from mir4. This was his one and only post ever and he's never been back on the forums.