Search

Houses on St. Johns??

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23rd, 2000, 04:32 AM
Kathryn

Houses on St. Johns??

Can anyone reccomend a particular house or rental agency on/for St. John's? We are looking for 2 or 3 bedrooms and a pool. We like nice places and are willing to spend a little more.. if it's worth it! Trip is planned for mid December. Thanks

Old Aug 23rd, 2000, 05:14 AM
Jim

Try www.cateredto.com or destination St. John 800=776-6969 both have a good selection.

Old Aug 23rd, 2000, 07:28 AM
Sam Scuba

I don't know of any houses on St. John's, but there are several available on St. John in the USVI.

Old Aug 23rd, 2000, 02:32 PM
Diane

Try www.caribbeanvilla.com. We used them to rent a small place at Cruz Views in St. John two years ago and they were very helpful. They handle houses and condos on St. John. It's a great island. Good luck.

Old Oct 11th, 2000, 11:27 AM
cj

We spent a week on St. John in late June/early July and stayed at a house called Poi-Pu, above Chocolate Hole. This is not a luxury villa but it was comfy and wonderful! We paid about $1100 for summer -- I'm not sure what the rate would be "in" season. <BR>Poi-Pu is about five minutes outside the village, would recommend a Suzuki or Jeep. The house has a wonderful view -- one night we saw a double rainbow over the ocean, looking south. <BR>There is a large living area with 3 sets of mahogany doors that open to the breezes, also a well-stocked kitchen. There are 3 bedrooms, two down and 1 in a loft. (In July the loft was hot! Don't know when you are planning to go.) In the back of the house there are two half-baths connected to an awesome, huge shower with stone walls. Landscaping is beautiful. House is surrounded on three sides by a deck with great views. Best part: a small, very private "dip pool" that we used a LOT, day and even in the middle of the night! Grocery stores are close by, by car. My favorite was called the Marina Mart (I think). There is also a more modern Star Market, but I honestly didn't care for their prices or selection, even tho' brand new. Rental agency is Seaview Vacation Homes -- Mark and Nanci Shekleton -- really nice people -- will pick you up at the dock, take you to car rental place and accompany you to house and point out good beaches, etc. Best way to find Poi-Pu on the web (since I can't remember their site) is to go to google.com and type in Poi-Pu and look for USVI in the description (there's also one in Hawaii). <BR>As I mentioned before, this is not the most luxurious accomodation, but IF I could afford to buy it for my very own, I would!!! (It's usually not available during November since the owner comes down.) We have many fond memories of it. <BR>If you do go, check out Duffy's Love Shack in the village for dining -- it's a little hard to find, but prices and food are good -- especially the Polynesian PuPu platter -- great, fun drinks & atmosphere. <BR>Good luck -- hope this helps. If you talk to Nanci, tell her Cheryl & Trip say "HI!!!!" <BR>

Old Oct 14th, 2000, 04:11 AM
Ronnie

Try Kathy at island-getaways.net, she has some of the nicest homes for rental on St John. <BR>Ronnie