Hotel recommendation for precruise

Jul 16th, 2002, 11:43 AM
Lorraine

Hotel recommendation for precruise

I would appreciate suggestions for a San Juan hotel to book prior to leaving on a cruise. Beach and pool would be nice but nothing "fancy" needed.

Jul 16th, 2002, 11:46 AM
Statia

Best Western Hotel Pierre is affordable and decent. As you said, nothing real fancy, but it's got a pool and is close to restaurants and grocery stores. I haven't stayed there in a few years, but have friends who stayed last year and said it fit the bill.

Jul 17th, 2002, 06:28 AM
Diana_pr77

Try looking a this website for hotel info it may help a bit. Also try calling the PR Tourism Company toll free 1-800-866-7827, US & Canada or 1-866-246-8677 US Only.

www.travelandsports.com

Jul 17th, 2002, 06:33 AM
Sue

Ask your travel agent who booked your cruise. Sometimes the cruise lines have 'deals' with hotels for stay like this and give better rates.

Jul 17th, 2002, 06:36 AM
rqf

My experience has been that I could do better booking a hotel on my own as opposed to going with a cruise line pre or post cruise stay.

You might check the Wyndham Old SAn Juan - it is near the cruise ship docks.

Jul 20th, 2002, 04:57 AM
Dee

We've stayed at the Wyndam Old San Juan several times before a cruise. It's convenient to Old Town and it's across the street from the cruise ships - we were able to walk to our ship. They will also let you leave your luggage there since check-out time is before you board the ship. There is no beach but there is a pool.