Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   Hotel in St. Martin (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/hotel-in-st-martin-588357/)

iw Feb 5th, 2006 07:52 AM

Hotel in St. Martin

I am pretty sure that we are spending some time in St. Kitts, Nevis and St. Martin in late June/early July. I know where we want to stay in St. Kitts and Nevis, but the hotel that we had stayed at in St. Martin seems to have "disappeared". We liked staying on the French side and we liked Orient Beach. Any recommendations?

iw Feb 5th, 2006 05:52 PM

anyone??????

BOS_LGW Feb 6th, 2006 01:20 AM

We stayed at the Grand Case Beach Club in Grand Case last year. Its not on Orient Beach, so it might not have the "buzz" you're looking for. For us, it was perfect. Room overlooking the ocean with a balcony, tumble from the room onto either the beach on the bay side of the hotel (water like a swimming pool, nice and placid) or go over to the small, but pleasant beach for waves. Snorkeling ON SITE was amazing! We especially enjoyed being able to walk down to the main drag in Grand Case every night and choose a restaurant for dinner (we were there low season, so didn't need to make reservations ever). Orient Beach is a 7 minute drive from Grand Case. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

iw Feb 6th, 2006 03:30 AM

Thank you! I had looked at The Grand Case Beach Club. Sounds good to me!

MIM04 Feb 6th, 2006 05:27 AM

I would also recommend looking into

Le Petit Hotel
and
L'Esplanade Hotel

They are sister properties. Actually Le Petit Hotel is under new management. The managers who were so great left, but from what I have heard it is still great. I would check into both. Le Petit is right on the beach, the other is set up a little from the village, but L'Esplanade has a pool, restaurant, etc. Both have large rooms, etc. The links to their sites is on the grandcase site below.

You can find this as well as tons of other info on www.grandcase.com

Glad you found a place to stay in Nevis! Hope you have a wonderful trip!

StanKase Feb 6th, 2006 04:39 PM

Why St. Marin?? Maybe St. Bart's. The waters are nicer abd the snorkekeling is 100% better!!

Barbara1 Feb 6th, 2006 04:49 PM

St. Maarten and St. Barth;s are two very different islands. BOth have beautiful beaches.
St. Maarten offers more of a variety of places to stay though at different price levels.
and, of course, you have the Dutch side and the French side, and the night life, and the fabulous restaurants also.
different strokes for different folks as both islands are nice.

iw Feb 7th, 2006 05:28 AM

StanKase...My DH picked ST. Martin for his 40th birthday, which is coming up. I would prefer to see an island that we haven't seen, but this trip was his choice. We'll see what the travel agent comes up with as far as flights and such for a 3 island trip. We have been to St. Martin 2 times, so I kind of know what to expect. Thanks for the post!!

Bev7 Feb 8th, 2006 02:58 AM

I have stayed 3 yrs. in a row at La Plantation at orient beach. You get your own padded chairs right on the beach. We love it.