Notices

Hotel in St. Barts?

Sep 19th, 2002, 09:45 AM
designbee

Hotel in St. Barts?

I am looking to go for 4 nights to St Barts in October, but all the hotels do look beautiful, so I'm a bit confused. Looking for something well designed, private on or near a calm beach. Nothing out of date. Thanks for the help. and oh yes...does anyone know how long the ferry is between st. martin and st barts?

Sep 19th, 2002, 04:41 PM
Linda

Taking a ferry ride from St.Martin to St.Barts takes about 1 to 1 1/2 hours depending upon where you leave from:Marigot harbour, Philipsburg, Captain Oliver's, the Atrium,etc. The ride can be rough on the way over depending on the sea that day. The day we went the boat was piloted like a bucking bronco and I thought for sure I would throw up but I didn't; you could sit inside and avoid the spray or be outside at the back. We had visited a condo complex called the Atrium and received a free ride to St.Barths for our time so all it cost us was the departure tax. When we docked they led us to a car rental office and we got a car for a reasonable price. We have also flown over numerous times; last time was about $110 US and included a car...we flew from the airport in Grand Case. One hotel we toured and really liked was the St.Barths Beach Hotel; it's on a quiet cove of beach, has a pool and serves breakfast (and maybe dinner, not sure). The people were very friendly and quite agreeable to showing us a room. It's one of the least expensive hotels on the island.

Sep 22nd, 2002, 04:49 PM
Gigi

hi Linda, I realize you didn't pay for your Ferry ride over, but would you remember what the roundtrip cost would have been?

Sep 22nd, 2002, 05:26 PM
jb

We stayed at Village St Jean which is a very nice hotel but not on a beach. We did go to Hotel Isle De France on Flamands beach and it was AMAZING! It was (to us) the most beautiful beach there - very private and the hotel was extremely beautiful. We ate lunch there and it was pretty good, although not the best food we ate there - the restaurant was beautiful also.

Don't take the ferry. We flew from St. Maarten and it was amazing! We shot up into the sky and had the most beautiful view of the islands. That was almost the best part of the trip!

Search this Thread