Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

small resort right ON beach, located in the Caribbean!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 10:40 AM
Terri

I am looking for a small resort that has rooms right ON the beach! I have stayed at places that are on the beach, but not right outside me door!!! didn't want a huge resort, something on the smaller size and quaint!

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 10:50 AM
Kat

Meridian Club on Pine Cay in the Turks &amp; Caicos.<BR><BR>Also, Peter Island Resort off Tortola.

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 11:27 AM
sam

<BR>Actually Terri, you should check out all the smaller islands in TCI as well as the out islands of Bahamas.

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 11:29 AM
Paul

Pink Sands on Harbor Island in the Bahamas. Technically not the Caribbean but it might work for your needs. It's really a super place.

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 11:37 AM
travelbuff

Terri,<BR><BR>I was going to suggest taking a look at Cocodimama, a beautiful small resort on Eleuthera. There is a nice website with pictures and the beach is right out your door.<BR><BR>There are only 12 rooms I think and a lovely restaurant. It is on the leeward side of the island so the water is calm and beautiful.<BR><BR>I would also second the idea of some of the outislands of the Bahamas, Abaco, Harbour Island, Cat Island. Try the www.where2stay.com board for lots of ideas, pictures and rates.<BR><BR>Have a great time.

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 11:47 AM
liza

Several places in Negril, Bluefields and Treasure beach that have rooms or cottages directly on the sand.

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 11:49 AM
Mary

Frangipani in Anguilla -- 8 units total &amp; totally charming.

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 11:52 AM
Terri

a HUGE Thank You to everyone for your wonderful ideas, I am also trying to find on that is all inclusive and not TOO pricey

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 11:59 AM
hy

small hotel right on great beach..try Maracas Hotel right on Maracas Bay in the island of Trinidad.<BR>Try www.maracasbay.com<BR>for the hotel information.<BR>hy

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 01:02 PM
francine

to travelbuff who mentioned the resort in eleuthra,cocodimama,have always wanted to visit the out island, can you give a bit more info, have you stayed there,can you access other areas, via bike,are you in easy access to nearby towns or hotels for dinner, would appreciate any info, thanks