I've been reading a lot of comments to get suggestions for our honeymoon but thought it might be best to start my own message so that we can get your thoughts based on our "wants" for a great honeymoon.
We will be traveling in early August 2011 and staying for 7 nights. Some of the places we are considering are Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, Virgin Islands, St Lucia, and the Virgin Islands. Right now we don't want to go to Mexico, Jamaica, or Cayman Islands as we have been to these places before. However, we are open to other places if you have one that you think fits our needs.
Things to we want in our honeymoon........
***Great Beach and with some privacy. (no fighting for chairs in the morning)
***Cottage type feel to the resort. We would like to find a resort that at least feels small and cozy. We don't want to feel like we're in a hotel room..
***Adults only...preferably no children (negotiable)
***Close enough where we can walk or drive safely to a populated area to shop and dine with local establishments. We want to explore and not spend all our time during the day on the resort.
Right now our budget is $2500-$3500 for the resort.
We've been visiting Fodors.com and Luxuarylink.com for suggestions. Let me know if you have another great travel website that we might want to consider.
We REALLY appreciate your help!!!!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Southern Caribbean Getaway Advice
- 2 Havana restaurants
- 3 Currency Americans Should Bring to Cuba
- 4 Family Vac in March
- 5 A Week In Cuba
- 6 Cuba - all inclusive suggestion
- 7 private Havana Cuba tours from cruise ship
- 8 Spring Trip with 7 & 5 y/o
- 9 Aruba All Inclusive vs. Not
- 10 Christmas vacation
- 11 NYE in Punta Cana
- 12 Chacchoben Ruins, The Real Thing?
- 13 Bicycle Ride in Ocho Rios
- 14 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 15 Favorites and Must-dos in St. Lucia
- 16 Abaco day trips
- 17 BEWARE of TU Bahamas Rentals
- 18 Caneel Bay in St. John?
- 19 Staniel Cay surrounds - end of year
- 20 Yoga & Surf vacation for my family
- 21 St Croix at Christmas with small children
- 22 Grand Cayman Beaches
- 23 Barbados Cruise to Airport
- 24 New EasyBreathe Snorkel Mask
- 25 sailing the Abacos