Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   Honeymoon in Turks and Caicos (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/honeymoon-in-turks-and-caicos-953549/)

katey19 Oct 13th, 2012 04:17 PM

Honeymoon in Turks and Caicos

My fiancé and I are planning a late May/early June honeymoon and we have decided on Provo, specifically Grace Bay. We want a romantic resort on a nice area of the beach. We are considering Seven Stars, Regent Palms, and Grace Bay Club. Can anyone help us narrow down which would be best?

My other question is will I get better room rates if I wait until closer to the trip to book? I've looked up rates for late may/early June and compared them with rates in February and march and there doesn't seem to be a difference between high and low season rates, any input on why this would be?

blamona Oct 13th, 2012 04:48 PM

Best is relative, need to know more about you, as all 3 are excellent resorts with different psonalities.

For best rates at Seven Stars, call Yngrit directly at the resort, they had been running some serius specials lately, especially on Facebook. Doesn't hurt to ask what she can do for you.

katey19 Oct 13th, 2012 05:41 PM

Thanks for the suggestion Blamona, I will try that.

We want somewhere that will have a romantic feel rather than a family feel. We understand this is a quiet island but we like the idea of a bar we can hang out at for an after dinner cocktail. From reading through other posts it sounds like certain stretches of beach are nicer than others, and the beach is one of the main reasons we chose this destination, so we'd like to be on one of the best spots.

blamona Oct 13th, 2012 06:10 PM

All of Grace Bay is gorgeous, the worst stretch beats many other islands best beaches no matter what.

Sounds like Seven Stars would work for you, the Deck bar there is spectacular with lounge type live music and BBQ beach bonfires. Mellow but great place to hang out on evenings.

valturks Oct 15th, 2012 08:31 AM

Katey19 - think you and your fiance have definitely made the right choice on coming here for your honeymoon, Grace Bay would be perfect to chill out after your big day back home. The resorts suggested are a really good selection as well I think - Grace Bay Club - definitely THE resort to choose if you're looking to be completely spoilt and want nothing but the very best service, amenities and location. With a very sophisticated style, including their infinity pools and restaurants - staff will cater to your every desire. Seven Stars - pure luxury and all the amenities you can dream of exist at this stunning resort that sits at the heart of the Grace Bay tourist area. As blamona said, you'll enjoy sipping on a cocktail from the beachfront bar, the spa, large pool, amazing beachfront views from your suite and being walking distance to everything. The Regent Palms - the perfect choice if you're looking for full service beachfront luxury and pampering, this classy resort offers everything and more for a honeymoon in Provo. With a truly heavenly spa and spectacular restaurant and bar in a garden setting, you'd want to keep coming back for more. Grace Bay is well known for luxury resorts like these three mentioned, and there are others as well including Somerset, Beach House, Point Grace and several others - happy planning!

Caribzack Oct 15th, 2012 09:05 AM

I would check out the Somerset as Val mentions www.thesomerset.com

mamamo Oct 15th, 2012 05:43 PM

We went last May and stayed at Regent Palms. We booked in February and the rate never changed from Feb to arrival as I kept checking. The Spa is amazing. Beautiful beach, pool, etc. we ate dinner out but enjoyed breakfast and lunch at resort. Super relaxing.
I hear the other two resorts are good too.
good luck.
Be sure and tell them it's your honeymoon. We went for a bday and got an upgrade and bouquet of island flowers.

katey19 Oct 16th, 2012 11:24 AM

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone...sounds like we have a tough decision to make!

mamamo, were there a lot of families at Regent Palms in May?

mamamo Oct 17th, 2012 11:28 AM

Hi,
I went for a friends 40th birthday and we were there Sunday of Memorial Day weekend and stayed for four nights.
Remember it being LOTS of couples b/c I was missing hubbie for sure. There were a few families with kids but 90% was couples. Kids that were there were younger than first grade and I don't remember it ever being a problem. We never had a problem getting chairs by pool or beach. The SPA is amazing.. I think #1 in Caribbean but don't totally quote me.... If you go to the spa make sure you allow lots of time... I was in and out b/c of a dinner reservation and wished I could have spent more time by the relaxing pond before and after spa because it was gorgeous to chill. I contacted concierge ahead of time and they set us up with all the best tables at restaurants, etc. A few are within walking distance and then don't miss out on Coco Bistro...restaurant under the Palms.
Not sure if you like snorkling but Caicos Dream Tours was super fun. I look at the Conch shell everyday on my porch.
Good luck. Grace Bay Beach is so beautiful.