Search

Honeymoon in the BVI's

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19th, 2000, 01:24 PM
Doug

Honeymoon in the BVI's

My fiance and I are looking for an "out of the way" honeymoon spot in the BVI's. Can anyone give us some ideas of where to look? We have about $3000-$4000 to spend and want to get the most for our money (of course!). We are planning on an early May or June Honeymoon. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Old Jul 20th, 2000, 04:01 AM
Karen

You might want to start at scubamom.com. Don't know if any meet your criteria rate wise but she does give great on-target reviews of many of the BVI favorite honeymoon spots!!

Old Jul 20th, 2000, 07:09 AM
Doug

Karen, <BR>Thanks for the tip!

Old Jul 27th, 2000, 04:50 AM
kara

Hi, <BR>I went to the Bitter End Yacht Club in June for my honeymoon and loved it. They have a great website at www.beyc.com and the cost was $425 a night per couple, all meals, all watersports and instruction, daily excursions to other islands, diving and guided snorkeling tours and beautiful rooms. Grand total was $2950 or so plus two $500 plane tickets to get down there. Any questions you can contact me at [email protected] <BR>Good Luck

Old Jul 29th, 2000, 05:48 AM
Karen

We stayed at Long Bay in Tortola and just loved it. Not much to do but beach it and explore, but it was great. Get the romance package, which is reasonably priced and includes daily breakfasts and 4 dinners. We got a 1 br villa-much better than the beachside cottages. Also, this year we're renting a villa thru gobeach.com. You can get a fantastic deal during that time of the year. At the very least, request their brochure. You'll get your own pool, etc. for the same or less than a resort. Have fun!

Old Jul 29th, 2000, 06:57 AM
Karen

Long Bay is not for everyone. Maybe in the Spring, the water is fit for swimming but I found it rough and rocky and unswimmable during the winter! Also the villas looked lovely but thought maybe one needed to be a billy goat to climb that hill! We didn't try it ... but bet those views are great! Now if they would screen in those "beachfront" rooms it would be more of a winner! Found it way over priced for the value ... but if there is a good "deal" (and they have all kinds of "specials") and the beach is swimmable at that time of year ... Plan to eat out via rental car or taxi! Breakfasts were adequate. <BR>Doug, <BR>How is the search going???? Anything interesting tickle your fancy yet???