Old Jun 4th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honeymoon ideas... quiet, snorkeling, non-touristy, bath tub

Hi,

I am planning for our honeymoon for next May. Here's on our wish list:

1) Near water
2) Room would like to be 3 and half or 4* equipped, soaking bath tub
3) Quiet, non-touristy, no mega 2000 rooms resort.
4) Has a small list of thing we can do, ie snorkeling, hiking. No nightlife is fine with us.
5) Offer some sort of honeymoon package would be great, i.e. beach candlelit dinner.
6) Price below 400/nt.

Can anybody point me to some place? Places i've looked at include Belize, DR, Antigua, St John, St Bart, St Kitt, Montego Bay... Still trying to find that nice niche that have all of our requirement.

Thanks so much!!
Old Jun 4th, 2012, 10:11 AM

There are plenty of very private & romantic villas that you could rent on St John for that price. The island offers everything you are looking for, and the privacy that a villa offers would be perfect for the honeymoon.
Old Jun 4th, 2012, 11:21 AM

We had a lovely honeymoon at the Nisbet Plantation on Nevis. Also check out Little Dix Bay on Virgin Gorda.
Old Jun 4th, 2012, 11:58 AM

Casa Colonial Boutique hotel in the Dominican Republic is ideal for honeymooners. Its oceanfront, absolutely gorgeous, the colonial architecture is definitely something you will love. They have restaurants with award winning chefs, private rooftop jacuzzis and spa massages can be had in beach bungalows. They organize private candle lit beach dinners and brunch on your terrace. All which is included in the honeymoon package they have on their website and I think you will love it! I stayed there and used their long getaway package with my finance and had a wonderful time!
Old Jun 4th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Original Poster

Thx Sara, I looked at Casa Colonial as well. I read review on Tripadvisor that says this hotel is sandwiched between couple mega resort, and therefore it absorbs a lot of noise from nearby hotels. Was it the case when you were there? I do value the amenities that DR resorts provides, but I just don't want to fight for a beach chair at 7am.

Thanks again.
Old Jun 5th, 2012, 12:35 AM

Check out Turtle Beach on St Kitts. There are some beautiful villas there, quiet, romantic, near some lovely restaurants especially The Beach House which is right on the water. We stayed at Turtle Beach House which was in a great location so close to the beach, yet quiet and private, and yes it has a great big Jacuzzi tub in the master bath suite!
http://turtlebeachhousestkitts.shutterfly.com/
Old Jun 5th, 2012, 02:15 AM

Nisbet and Caneel are perfect but you would have to stretch to $650-$750/night If you cannot afford it don't cut back on the days. In my opinion you need 7-8 nights considering you loose a 1.5 travel days between going and coming.Caneel has all but plunge pools but some of the livliest beaches in the Caribbean and Nisbet Plantation has a lush envirnment with nice beaches but no snorkeling to speak of. It can really be quiet. The food at Nisbet from what I hear is more consistently very good while at Caneel it goes from 4.5 to 3.5's.
We were fortunate when we visuted both because the food was 4.5 at both resorts.
We just did not enjoty the DR. It was too commercial and had no class in our opinion.