Notices

Honeymoon Help (yes, another one lol)

Feb 17th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Original Poster

Honeymoon Help (yes, another one lol)

Hey guys. I'm sure you guys have helped out many honeymooners in the past in deciding which place they should spend their honeymoon.

Month: June 3rd - June 7th (8th & 9th also, maybe)
Flying From: NYC
Budget: $1100 Per Person
Going to: Caribbean (any island)

So my fiance and I are planning a honeymoon. We want to be in the caribbean, we were thinking Negril, Jamaica. However, we don't have much experience in the region.

Some things that we are looking for luxury accommodations, good food, snorkeling, random water activities, spas, nice beaches. We don't care for a all inclusive as both of us don't drink. I'm sure we will like the local food, as I have been to St. Kitts before. Trying to keep it as inexpensive as possible while enjoying the most. I just want a nice hotel room, good bed, fresh linens and nice bathrooms.
Feb 18th, 2013, 05:44 AM

Luxury accommodations with good food & spa whilst keeping it inexpensive as possible?

Negril doesn't have much in the way of snorkelling. Local food is great. It has accommodation for all budgets.

DR is not a place I will be going anytime soon, PR have been twice but I didn't enjoy it very much, it doesn't feel like the Caribbean. St Martin is a fun lively island of two halves, with great food esp on the French side, could probably suit you.
Somewhere in the Bahamas, T&C or Bermuda could also be suitable, but not sure if you can get that for your budget.
Feb 19th, 2013, 12:48 AM
KVR

Does that budget include airfare also?

Mexico comes to mind. We've been going almost every year for the last 12 years. There are boutique hotels on 5th Avenue in Playa del Carmen within walking distance to restuarants, bars, shopping and entertainment.

http://www.locogringo.com/dynamic/lo...cfm?area=Playa del Carmen&type=Hotel/Resort

In Negril, look at the hotels on the Cliffs and 7 Mile beach.

http://www.negril.com/hotels/

The DR is full of AI resorts for a reason as there is really nothing around.

We are looking at PR for our vacation this year. I did find air and a few hotels for 6 nights around $2,000 from our departure point in Texas. We are looking at the ElConvento, but it's in San Juan and not on the beach. However, they allow their guests to spend the day at the El Convento Beach Club, which is their sister property at La Concha.

Don't know anything about St. Martin. It never made our to-go list.

Search this Thread