Reload this Page >

Honeymoon Help - AI in Punta Cana or Maui for 10 Days

Notices

Old Jun 6th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, we just cancelled our 2 week honeymoon to Europe because my new hubby wants to go to a beach instead and save a bit of money.

We have from June 15 - July 1 to play with and can't decide between Maui or Punta Cana. They are the same price but PC is all inclusive so we would not spend more on food. However we were in PC in November and have never been to Hawaii.

Any suggestions? Is Maui expensive for eating and drinking? I've also heard that you need a car in Maui.
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 01:33 PM

There are plenty of beaches in Europe, some would rival those in the Caribbean. That aside, Maui would be my choice as I've been there 3 times & like it very much. Why is the choice limited to these 2 destinations?
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 02:17 PM

Hawaii!! No contest. Maui can be cheap, middle-of-the-road, or high-end expensive for eating and drinking. Just depends where you go. Yes, you do need a car.
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 08:32 PM
KVR

Wow! Those are two very different vacation destinations.

I was not a fan of Maui when we went. For a couples vacation it can be expensive for food, drinks and activities. The beaches/ocean is going to be very subpar compared to Mexico and the Caribbean. Yes, you definitely need a car in Maui. It's a metropolitan city.

If you have already been to PC, why not choose a different Caribbean AI destination like Antigua, Jamaica, St. Lucia, Barbados, or Mexico?
Old Jun 7th, 2013, 05:36 AM

This is a no-brainer. Maui all the way!

I've been to Maui a few times. It's my favourite vacation destination. It's certainly NOT an metropolitan city. Yes, it's been built up over the years and it gets loads of tourists, but I would not consider it to be a "metropolitan city" by a long stretch. I live in Toronto and that's a metropolitan city!!

There are so many beautiful sites to see (road to Hana, Haleakala, up country) just to name a few. Yes, it can be expensive for food, but there are some reasonable places to eat and most restaurants have great food. Shopping is good too.

The beaches on Maui are spectacular. Yes, there may be nicer beaches in the Caribbean, but Maui has it's fair share of lovely beaches.

Yes, you would need a car to make the most of your trip and to see the beautiful island. People are friendly and welcoming. If I had my choice, I would take Maui over just about anywhere in the Caribbean or Mexico.