Reload this Page >

Honeymoon for couple in mid-late 20's??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 12:45 PM
Cissy

Thinking of giving the honeymoon as a gift to our son getting married. Traveling from the East Coast, he and his bride are partial to Aruba, but would be open to suggestions. Bahamas and Jamaica are out. Probably looking for a resort that has it all, but not all-inclusive (beach, restaurant, activity, etc.) Can't break the bank, but want a "very nice" location. All ideas welcome! Thanks.

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 03:10 PM
Ruby

Hi,<BR><BR>I spent my honeymoon in Aruba and loved it!<BR><BR>I am not sure what "break the bank" is... email me and I will respond<BR><BR,Ruby

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 03:13 PM
Ruby

Cissy,<BR><BR>p.s. we are the same age as your son and my mother-in -law also gave us our honeymoon for our gift<BR><BR,<BR>Ruby

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 05:16 AM
tracey

Cissy,When is your son getting married?? If it is during hurricane seanson , you should aviod any islands that could be affected?? As for breaking the bank, what kind if price range are you considering? If you son , is looking to stay for a week at a nice place, for example the Aruba Marriott or Hyatt, you are probally looking at a price range of about $2500 (low end) to $4000 (higher end). My mother paid for my brother's honeymoon and gave them a dollar amount and the newlyweds put some of their own money toward the trip to upgrade. It also depends if they are getting married during high season (march through May) or off season (june through Aug.) Your son should be very greatful to have parents like you b/c many parents could never afford to pay for a honeymoon. Good luck!!!!<BR><BR>

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 06:29 AM
Keith

The BVI's are very nice for a honeymoon. I went to Biras Creek (Virgin Gorda) and loved it. I have since been to Peter's Island and that was very good as well. Both are very similar in that they have all of the water sports and activities to do. They are both very quiet and couple oriented. I thought the beach at Peter's Island was the nicer of the two. I thought the food and the service was better at Biras. You can't go wrong with either choice.

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 09:26 AM
Cissy

Thanks to all that have replied. As for budget, it would most likely be in the $3,000-$3,500 range for air/hotel.<BR>The wedding is in early September, and I'm very aware of hurricane season...my husband and I travel to the Caribbean during October almost every year.They seem to be leaning in that direction despite the risk. We've only been to Aruba once, and I think it's a great "starter" island for couples in their age group that have never been to the Caribbean. Tracey, we may end up doing what your mother did and give them the cash to plan it themselves. Would love to surprise them with it, but I'm not convinced that's the way to go. As for Peter Island/Biras Creek, don't think that would be the best bet for these two, but my husband and I have considered both properties as they sound terrific for us! Ruby, where did you stay? Last question to those in the know, I've heard and read about Bucuti Beach Resort and have also considered that resort for my husband and I. Anyone have any thoughts on that property as a possibility?? Thanks for all the assistance!

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 06:40 AM
Ruby

We paid $1800 for seven nights at the Hyatt and $900/air from Orlando for a Total of about $2700. The Radisson was very comporable (we spent about $1000 for food/drinks/activites/gifts ect....)

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 11:54 AM
mae

Stayed at Divi Divi for $3,000.*air, hotel & all inclusive<BR>The food wasn't bad, drinks were great & the beach was fantstic<BR>This would be a great present<BR>(flew out of Boston)

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 01:21 PM
Ruby

There is a big difference between the low rise hotels like the Divi (allinclusive) and the high-rise resorts like the Hyatt...<BR><BR>I think it is first important to narrow down what type of hotel they would be interested in high vs lowrise, then It will make it easier to select the hotel itself

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 07:57 AM
Sally

We stayed at The Nisbet Plantation on Nevis in 2000 - wonderful place and a real "honeymoon" atmosphere I thought. Not cheap, but not ridiculously expensive either. Great food, very quiet, great location. Definitely worth a try!

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 08:12 AM
howard

You might look into Providenciales (Provo) in the Turks and Caicos. We have been there 10 times and the last 5 have stayed at Coral Gardens. Going again in April. If you go to www.debbiescaribbeanresortreviews.com and click on Turks and Caicos and reviews I have a coral gardens review and restaurant recommendations on that site. Coral Gardens web site is www.coralgardens.com