Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   Honeymoon/Cap (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/honeymoon-cap-258291/)

Emma Sep 16th, 2002 07:43 AM

Honeymoon/Cap

My fiance and I are almost positive we'd like to go for Cap Juluca on our 10 day July honeymoon. Will we be disappointed in a luxury room vs. a junior suite? <BR><BR>We were considering doing 6 days in Cap and 4 somewhere else...maybe Jumby or Peter Island. Although, we are not sure we want to pick up and move. Any thoughts?<BR><BR>I am a seasoned vet of Casa de Campo in the DR, but I'm looking for small and quiet on our honeymoon.<BR>

barbara Sep 16th, 2002 11:39 PM

I'm a travel consultant and I once had a client spend his 3 week honeymoon at Cap Juluca (against my suggestions)- but he loved every minute! Why not do an easy combination with St. Barts. Quite different one from the other- by the way, my client had a junior suite.

Gratn Sep 17th, 2002 04:47 AM

Hi Emma<BR><BR>My wife and I stayed in a junior suite at Cap for our honeymoon. I wouldn't bother next time, and would happily stay in a luxury room, as they are all massive and have similar views etc. My travel agent told me not to bother with a junior suite and, with hindsight, she was right.<BR><BR>Cap is fabulous so you will definitely have a good time - we did five nights and wish we could have stayed for 10.

Nancy Sep 17th, 2002 05:26 AM

Hi Emma,<BR><BR>You won't be disappointed in any of the rooms at Cap. I personally would go for the Jr. Suite. It is more spacious and has that wonderful bathroom with a private solarium and some of them have a private rooftop. I'm not sure if the Luxury rooms have a private solarium. We were there this past July and met quite a few honeymooners. Some of them booked luxury rooms and were upgraded to a jr. suite. One couple told me that they didn't even ask to be upgraded, but were. July is the low season so there is a good possibility that you may get an upgrade. You will love CJ and Anguilla.

mary Sep 17th, 2002 08:13 AM

We stayed in a luxury room and loved it. The last two nights we were upgraded to a jr. suite. The bed is on a different level than the rest of the room. When I got up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night,I tripped on the steps getting back in bed. I hurt myself pretty bad. luxury .P.S. I do not drink alcohol.

xxxx Sep 17th, 2002 08:32 AM

Hi -<BR>We spent 9 days at Cap Juluca and 7 in St Barths. We wanted to spend the first part of our honeymoon totally relaxing and having EVERYTHING taken care of for us. The second part we spent in St Barths because we thought it would be a little more lively and more adventurous -We rented a villa and a car and set out each day with a new plan. While I loved St Barths and I highly recommend going there - I EASILY could have stayed at Cap Juluca longer. We had a Luxury room and we were even offered the Junior Suite upgrade but we absolutley loved our room - It was much brighter, the bathroom and private outdoor space was amazing and we loved the decor and set up of the place better than the particular Junior Suites we were shown. It really is an amazing place. They offer everything from sailing to croquet - which we were excited about - but it turned out we spent most of our time sitting on the beach and swimming. The beach service is wonderful (fresh towels, sorbet..etc) after a couple of days we would make our own drinks in our room and bring them out with us. The food was great and since there isn't a ton of nightlife we would have our own happy hour on our terrasse and eat later on around 8:30 and spend time enjoying dinner and having the table for the night. Not sure what you are into but we loved it. The people were so friendly and helpful. As luxurious as it is it's also very laid back. Please let me know if you have any other questions. As far as the room difference is concerned I would go for the Luxury and use some of your money to treat yourselves to drinks, amazing dinners and massages...<BR>Just my opinion!<BR>Have fun!

Emma Sep 17th, 2002 10:18 AM

Thanks for the tips. We looked into doing the St. Barths thing, but I think 10 days in Cap will be fine. We our ending our 'moon in Boston, so that is where we can take care of nightlife!

Mary Sep 17th, 2002 12:22 PM

I stayed in a Luxury room which was just fine. We also had a private rooftop deck to sunbathe in the nude.<BR>Every morning our breakfast was set up on the balcony and we ate while sitting with the song birds and some chameleons. <BR>CJ is a piece of heaven. Worth every penny in my book.