honeymoon at divi aruba

Old May 3rd, 2002, 06:29 PM
Amanda

honeymoon at divi aruba

Planning a honeymoon in Aruba. I heard that the DIvi had honeymoon cottages. We are looking for a hotel that has bungalows or cottages on the beach so that we can walk right out from our room onto the beach.
Where would people recommend that would have bungalows or cottages in Aruba. Also should we go all inclusive or dine around?
Thanks.

Old May 4th, 2002, 05:33 AM
jean

Trust me this is the last place you would like to go on your honeymoon! RUDEST people in the world run this resort. Walls are paper thin - food is terrible and Aruba itself is like being in the United States. Worse experience of my life. Only time i ever wanted to go home from a vacation. The only positive is there is spectacular weather but Aruba in general is not a good island to visit and certainally not for a honey moon!

Old May 4th, 2002, 06:52 AM
Linda

You may be thinking of the Bucuti that has a cottage on the beach. Bucuti is a lovely small (63 rooms) hotel with a european flair. Not fancy with all the amenities of a large hotel but with excellent srvice. The Divi is a moderate totally all-inclusive. Do not recommend all-inclusive in Aruba as there are so many wonderful restaurants to sample. Contact Travel Unlimited as they specialize in Aruba and their rates are hard to beat http://www.travelunlimited.com

Old May 4th, 2002, 10:23 AM
Cherie

We have traveled to Aruba six times and have always had a good time, our last trip being this March. We have traveled to several islands but this is one of our favorite. A good honeymoon place might be the Bucuti, very large beach and quiet. Driving is easy and great for mobility (one main road). Restaurants are excellent so all inclusive is not a good idea and you should make reservations early for the more popular restaurants. Fodors online can give you ratings-click on "user rating" under each hotel listing. I assume you already know that Aruba is desert like and not plush.

Old May 4th, 2002, 01:56 PM
Amanda

Thank you for the replys. Can anyone tell me if there are other hotels that have bungalows or cottages on the beach?
Thanks.

Old May 6th, 2002, 01:43 PM
Marilyn

Bucuti Beach Resort is the only resort I am aware of that has a few bungalows on the beach. Bucuti is a very popular resort with honeymooners and couples. I think Bucuti far exceeds the Divi, especially for a honeymoon.