Holiday Inn Paradise Island?

Jun 7th, 2000, 03:41 PM
Eileen

Holiday Inn Paradise Island?

Anyone know if the Holiday Inn Paradise Island is still there or if it has been taken over by another company? We spent our honeymoon there 14 years ago and I never see anything about it anymore.

Jun 8th, 2000, 03:19 PM
Gwen

I don't know if it is still there now. It was 5 years ago when my husband and I stayed there for our 5 yr. wedding anniversary. I have tried to find out what happened to the Paradise Paradise next door. I heard it was sold. We used that beach and loved it. Have you heard?

Jun 20th, 2001, 10:41 AM
Nan

The Holiday Inn had better still be there. We just made reservations for the July 4th weekend! Actually the one you stayed at may not be there any longer because the current Holiday Inn is supposedly the newest resort on the island. Have never been to The Bahamas.
Can't wait. Hope we like it.

Jun 20th, 2001, 12:11 PM
Cal

The 'new' Holiday Inn is the 'old' Fun Club. Not getting favorable reviews. Also, it is not on the ocean but on a small man-made beach on the harbor side.

Jun 21st, 2001, 03:02 PM
tweedy

The other posters are right the "old" Holiday Inn was purchased by the Atlantis and torn down and the land is part of the Atlantis "complex", which is AMAZING. The new Holiday I think it's called Sunspree, but not sure, is close to the Atlantis, but not on the ocean side, now overlooking the Harbour side.

Have a great time.

Jun 22nd, 2001, 12:17 PM
sandi

DO NOT stay at this resort! It is the old Fun Club and let me tell it is HORRIBLE!!! It is now the Holiday Inn Sunspree and believe me I don't think it's gotten any better. I still can't figure out where the 20 million in renovations went, all I could see was a new swimming pool and maybe a few outside improvements, other than that nothing. My husband and I stayed there 3 years ago when it was the Fun Club and ended up switching to the Sheraton Grand on Paradise Island after the 1st day. The rooms were dirty, the water was brown, the food was horrible, and the beach which is man made and on the harbor side sucks. I am being very serious. People of the Bahamas will also tell you that this place is a dump. If you want a nice place to stay I would recommend the Sheraton.

Jun 22nd, 2001, 12:32 PM
Sandi

Dear Eileen,
There is no "Holiday Inn" on Paradise Island. It was torned down a few years ago. There is a Holiday Inn in Nassau on West Bay Street facing the water. It use to be called "The Atlantis" many years ago. there is a pool and you have to walk across the street for the public beach. If its not too late, cancel and re-book at the Nssau Beach or Radisson Beach which are located in Cable Beach (about a mile or two up) You will like it better!!!!

Jul 4th, 2001, 03:57 PM
Jen Ratta

Most of the posters here are wrong!! There is a Holiday Inn Sunspree on Paradise Island and it is very nice, both inside and out. Granted, the beach leaves alot to be desired, but beautiful Cabbage Beach is just a 5 minute walk away. My husband and I spent a few nights here in November 2000 and returned for Christmas 2000. We didn't experience any of the problems that either Sandi encountered. Having stayed at both the Nassau Beach Hotel (a TRUE dump)and the Radisson, I can say the HI Sunspree is MUCH nicer.