Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page > High or Low Room at Curacao Marriott ???
Notices

High or Low Room at Curacao Marriott ???

Sep 19th, 2006, 12:35 PM
Original Poster

High or Low Room at Curacao Marriott ???

Hey all, I just found out about this forum and love it !!! My wife and I r heading to Curacao at the end of November, staying at the Marriott in a "Beachfront Room" as they call it. Should I ask for a high floor or ground level ? Thanks.
Sep 20th, 2006, 01:49 PM

It depends on what is special to you. We were on the second floor and enjoyed the view more because we were able to see everyone on the beach from our balcony.
Sep 21st, 2006, 08:56 AM

I agree it is personal preference but the top floor looked nice though we stayed elsewhere but had a good lunch at the beach bar. My only suggestion is eat elsewhere than their Portofino restaurant. We visited Curacao 3 times in the past 5 years and tried it twice and both meals were sub-standard and expensive. If you have a car, Avalon, Blues, La Peragola are 3 good reasonably priced places. Astrolab and LaRousse are very good but $125-$140/couple. Rut's Hut for lunch is not worth going to either, in our opinion.I would also stay away from Ft. Nassau for dinner. The snorkeling on the WEST END, a 25 minute car ride, has a series of bays with excellent snorkeling along 5-6 different bays all within 5-6 miles of each other.

At Beach #1 Santa Cruz there is a fellow-Captain Good Life that can take you to some great spots for $15/person he will take you to 3 spots, drop you off and come back when you want to move on. We found 30-40 minutes at each place was best. Bring your own snorkel gear and life vests wherever you decide to go, if snorkeling is on your agenda. It's a lovely laid-back island. The Marriott though is bustling a bit, so don't worry.

Search this Thread