Help with the Bahamas!

Aug 12th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Original Poster

Help with the Bahamas!

I just got FF tickets for June/July of next year to go to the Bahamas for two weeks. We are a family of four, with two girls ages 6 and 8 at the time of travel. We like nature, hikes, animal sightings, and ocean fun. Not into big resorts or crowds or nightlife (the kids you know). What islands are right for us? I've done some research and it just leaves me more confused....
Aug 12th, 2008, 05:10 PM

What about Staniel Cay for a week? At Staniel Cay Yacht Club you can take your whaler (that comes with your room) out every day to a new cay or island all to yourselves sometimes. Animals? Meet the pink iquanas. Or go to the island with the little piggies that meet you at the boat.

Also, the Abacos is great for families. You could stay in Hopetown and have great beaches and some snorkeling. You can rent a whaler and motor over to Great Guana for snorkeling and pretty beaches. Treasure Cay had a lot of families, too. Green Turtle Cay was fun as well.

Are you dividing the two weeks between two destinations or one island?

Aug 12th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your suggestions. Yes, I was thinking about two destinations, or maybe three depending on what advice I get. I don't really have a feel for how hard it is to transfer between destinations. In the Abacos is it hard to see that parrot in the wild?
Aug 13th, 2008, 06:31 AM

ttt

Search this Thread