Help with St. Barths/Anguilla itinerary

Apr 11th, 2006, 06:53 AM
Original Poster

Help with St. Barths/Anguilla itinerary

My wife and I (early 30s) are planning an 8 day trip to the Caribbean - combining St. Barths and Anguilla. Resorts offer 5 night deals, so I was wondering whether people would recommend 5 nights in one island over the other? We want to relax, maybe explore the island a bit and eat well. Any thoughts?
Apr 11th, 2006, 06:57 AM

Either Island will meet your requirements quite well. They are, however, quite different. Anguilla has better beaches (long, white sand, turquoise water) and is flat. St Barts is French (but not stuffy) with great beaches also but smaller. It is mountainous.
Lots of people have combined the 2, especially with the "deals".
Apr 11th, 2006, 11:46 AM

I would definately do St. Barth's longer than Anguilla. St. Barth's has the most amazing restaurants and I feel, nicer beaches. The French are so laid back, and it is so easy going and peaceful there.

Anguilla is more stuffy and stricter with how women and men dress at night. Very proper...it reminded me of my Catholic School Days.....

For example, we were on a cigarette boat and docked near a beach. my husband and I swam to shore and laid on the beach for a while. When I got up to go to the restaurant/bar, I had a sheer coverup on over my bathing suit. Well, apparently, the staff did not like this and would not take my order for drinks nor food.

I hope this helps. Anguilla is beautiful, it reminds me of Bermuda. I personally prefer St. Barth's any day over any island to be frank.

Have fun!
Apr 11th, 2006, 11:46 AM

P.S.

My husband and I are also early 30's if this helps!
Apr 11th, 2006, 01:08 PM
Original Poster

bebe0711 thanks for your advice. Which hotels have you stayed at on both islands? How was your experience? We were thinking Cuisinart on Anguilla and Guanahani on St. Barths.