Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page > Help with Hotel Choice New Years Anguilla+St. Bart
Notices

Help with Hotel Choice New Years Anguilla+St. Bart

Dec 9th, 2004, 07:19 AM
Original Poster

Help with Hotel Choice New Years Anguilla+St. Bart

We will be travelling to Anguilla and St. Bart for a week at New Years. We have decided to visit both islands in order to have the best of both: totally laidback relaxation on Anguilla and a bit of a cosmo experience on St. Bart. We will probably rent a car on both islands so we can move about.

We must finalize our reservations by tomorrow and still cant decide on hotels. Can anyone help?! Please give your 1st and 2nd choice in case they have sold out in the last few days. Our choices are:

ANGUILLA: Rendezvous Bay Hotel, Shoal Bay Beach, Anguilla Great House or Madeariman

ST. BART: Guanahani, Isle de France, Emeraude Plage, Le Toiny

Dec 9th, 2004, 09:34 AM

If the St. Barts hotels you list still have rooms for New Years I have my answer regarding the effect the dollar/Euro exchange is having on visitors! Regarding hotels on St. Barts, Le Toiny is supposed to be the best but Isle de France is on a great beach. Emeraude Plage is on a busy beach (and budget compared to the others you list). I've eated lunch at Guanahani and have never been thrilled with the layout there. Go to the forums on www.sbhonline.com for lots more info. (We rent a villa when we go so I have not stayed at a hotel on the island) I can't help on Anguilla-never been-but everyone raves about Cap Julaca (sp?) Have a great trip!
Dec 9th, 2004, 12:27 PM

Rendezvous Bay (beach villas; not standard rooms) first choice; then Madeariman.

Search this Thread