Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Help! - Which resort - Sandals Royal Bahamian,r Breezes Bahamas or Radisson Cable Beach?????

Help! - Which resort - Sandals Royal Bahamian,r Breezes Bahamas or Radisson Cable Beach?????

Oct 7th, 1998, 10:23 AM
jmorris

I am considering a trip to the Bahamas in early 1999.
I have looked into each of these resorts and they all seem very nice. I cannot decide which would be most suitable.
Has anyone been to any of these resorts and could you please let me know your comments/recommendations.
We are in our late 20's and are looking for a relaxing, yet fun-filled vacaction.

Thanks!!

J. Morrison
CANADA

Oct 8th, 1998, 06:58 AM
Lee

Hi!

I was reluctant to reply since I have not stayed at any of these, but since you didn't get a resonse yet, I'll share what I do know.

We stayed on Cable Beach at a hotel right in between the Radisson and Breezes. Both had a nice beach that we walked or kayaked over to and both seemed to be pretty nice looking hotels. We went into the Radisson and it was nice, but didn't go into Breezes since it was a private property type resort that I think is all-inclusive. Breezes looked very nice.

I don't know about Sandals.

Some people don't like Nassau much, but we found it to be pretty good island that is small, with good beaches and lots to do. The water is so pretty! We would definitly go back. Make sure that take a snorkel trip and take a bus into downtown and visit the port and the straw market. You can pick up snacks much cheaper at the Winn-Dixie market.

Hope that helps. Have fun!

Oct 9th, 1998, 04:25 AM
Sara

Sandals Royal Bahamian is FANTASTIC! This is a couples only resort and with every imaginable amenity. Radisson Cable Beach is VERY nice but a mixture of couples and families. The Radisson has very good restaurants, 3 nice pools and a great beach.

Oct 19th, 1998, 04:07 PM
Norm

Stayed at the Breezes with a group in Jan 98. It is All-Inclusive meaning food, drinks tips etc. It was great for the group I went with.(meaning the drinks). The resort was just big enough to not feel crowded, yet always felt like something was going on. We loved it. Kayak, waterskiing sail boats all included. Have fun.

Oct 25th, 1998, 11:56 AM
Mary

Hello!

My husband and I will be at Sandals Royal Bahamian in the beginning of November and I will post a reply when we return. I hope I am not too late to help you with your decision.

Oct 25th, 1998, 05:58 PM
Sean

Have been to the Bahamas twice in the last few years,I would suggest Sandals for your age group,they do a pretty good job! If you wanted to go 1st class the Atlantis is the place!

Nov 17th, 1998, 10:43 AM
Mary

Hi!

My husband and I returned from this resort last week. It was beautiful! The food and most of the service was great! The room was wonderful with a great view! Relaxing and fun-filled is THIS resort! You will not be disappointed. We truly enjoyed it and now I am sad to be home!

The only negative (I'm just being honest here) is that the concierge service was non-existent. If you are paying for a room that is a suite to get that little extra attention that Sandals offers, this resort does not offer it. The concierge service seemed to be annoyed if you would even ask a simple question. (When we went to Dunn's River last year, the concierge service was excellent...they catered to you night and day...they were great! but not in the Bahamas!) If we did it over again, we would not get the suite concierge service, just a regular room. Even with that slight negative remark, this resort was wonderful! I would reccommmend it! Enjoy!

Nov 23rd, 1998, 05:15 PM
Constuction/Weather

Beware..

Double check on construction at the Sandals property.. Went in Jan 98 and they had an extention being built on a joining property (Sandals Phase II they called it). Interuppted enjoying the main beach. Also watch the weather. The warmest it got was 80. Water was freezing in both the pools and ocean. Suites are not worth it. We are in our mid 20's and had a terrible time due to the inability to use the water sports!
Food was probably the only savior.. ate alot since we couldn't swim.
Try Aruba!