HELP! Where to honeymoon in the Bahamas?????

Sep 29th, 2000, 08:00 PM
Melissa

HELP! Where to honeymoon in the Bahamas?????

Hi everyone!!!!
My fiance and I are having trouble choosing a island in the Bahamas to go to for our honeymoon in May 2001.....we know what kind of atmosphere we want but not quite sure wich island can offer it to us. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

We are looking for a place that has breath taking beaches, gorgeous snorkeling and scuba diving, some night life with the ability to get away from it if we chose to do so and ultimately a clean island filled with culture.

As neither one of us has been to the Bahamas any input would be greatly appriciated. We really want the trip to be special and memorable. Thanks again. Melissa

Sep 29th, 2000, 08:03 PM
Melissa

Hey...it's Melissa again...

Didn't think that it needed to be said because this will be our honeymoon....but the island MUST have romance!!! Thanks again.

Sep 29th, 2000, 09:45 PM
tweedy

Melissa I would recommend Harbour Island as a perfect choice for your trip. The island is small and there are several nice places to stay. The beach is amazing, beautiful pink sand for 3 miles.

There are several good restaurants and some inexpensive local hangouts, nite spots and some of the prettiest sunsets you will ever find, (still waiting for a green flash, haven't seen one yet)

If you go to the www.where2stay.com board and "kalik" on islands at the top left of the board, and scroll down to The Bahamas and then just look around at several islands. Also there is a website for Harbour Island www.briland.com that you might want to take a look at.

Another good suggestion for a honeymoon is Compas Point which is on New Providence (Nassau) it feels lie an outisland resort and has one of the best restaurants on island right there.

Hope this helps a bit and if you need any more info please let me know.

tweedy

Oct 11th, 2000, 03:16 AM
Roberto

Look into the Abacos. Great diving and beaches. May be a little short on night life.Plenty of romantic places to stay. Try this link:

http://www.oii.net/

Oct 14th, 2000, 02:00 AM
ted r.

Dunmore Beach Club or Pink Sands...
Little night life but 2 excellant spots on awesome beaches... Including meals in May should run you approx. $300 p/nt...

Oct 14th, 2000, 12:34 PM
Deborah

Tough choice..As for filled with culture..I have been to the Abacos, Eleuthra, the Exumas and New Prov(Nassau) and I have never found any filled with culture. That is one of the few things missing in the Bahamas no matter how long you stay and who you get to know.

That said, the Bahamas are probably our favorite vacation! We love to rent a boat and be able to go wherever we want. You can find solitary beaches that are pristine. The snorkling is great. We have heard the diving is good in certain areas. And it is definitely romantic!

I would probably choose the Abacos for diversity, if you plan to rent a boat. If not I'd go with Eleuthra. You have so many cays to choose from in the Abacos. You can stay on a different one each day. Night life is slim excerpt in Marsh Harbour. On Grenn Turtle there are a few bars and restaurants that are fun in the evening. And on Guana Cay there is always Nippers! That is a real Out Island slice of life! Guana has a number of places to stay that are really nice. Also nice is Hope Town or New Plymouth on GTC.

If your need for night life is minimal then stick with the Out Islands. Exuma is also beautiful and there is always Saturday night at the Peace and Plenty. But you are alittle limited as to how far you can take the rental boat. We stayed at the Cocoanut Cove in the honeymoon suite and loved it. And we were able to dock our boat just outside of our room.

If you need any more info email me and I will try to help. Hope this helps!