My wife and I leave in a few days for her 50th birthday trip to St. Martin. We will be renting a car of course, and chose the WESTIN on Dawn Beach. We chose the Westin because it is usually a name we can trust.......BUT we have been reading many HORROR story reviews on TripAdvisor.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have checked professional reviews such as Fodor's and Frommer's, and they give it good marks. Also, some reviews from the likes of Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, and Hotels.com have give it good reviews, although the reviews on those websites were sparse, and frankly outdated.
All this leads me to one of two possible conclusions:
1. The horrible reveiws on TripAdvisor are TRUE and we are in for a HUGE dissappointment, or
2. The Westin is a fine hotel, but is the victim of intentional slander by some of its competitors on St. Martin???? I have heard that the TripAdvisor website is becoming so popular that hotels/restaurants, etc have been posting their OWN favorable reviews, or they will post NEGATIVE reviews about thier competition.
Anyway, I thought I would appeal to the TRUTH on this forum of seasoned travelers. So, if anyone out there has recent experience with the Westin in St Martin, I would love to hear your opinions.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Yahoo Email ! Alerts Passwords Reset Contact $ 1888~482 3831
- 2 Spring Trip with 7 & 5 y/o
- 3 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 4 Christmas vacation
- 5 Southern Caribbean Getaway Advice
- 6 Aruba All Inclusive vs. Not
- 7 NYE in Punta Cana
- 8 Chacchoben Ruins, The Real Thing?
- 9 Bicycle Ride in Ocho Rios
- 10 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 11 Favorites and Must-dos in St. Lucia
- 12 Abaco day trips
- 13 BEWARE of TU Bahamas Rentals
- 14 Caneel Bay in St. John?
- 15 Staniel Cay surrounds - end of year
- 16 Yoga & Surf vacation for my family
- 17 St Croix at Christmas with small children
- 18 Grand Cayman Beaches
- 19 Barbados Cruise to Airport
- 20 New EasyBreathe Snorkel Mask
- 21 sailing the Abacos
- 22 Grace Bay after hurricane
- 23 Private secluded Carribean Cottage
- 24 Advise for first timers to St.Lucia
- 25 1st time to Barbados