Search

Anguilla accomodations

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17th, 2003, 01:29 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anguilla accomodations

ASide from Cap Juluca which may be a bit out of our price range, what is the next best hoyel/resort/villas on the island.

Thanks!
Old Dec 18th, 2003, 04:52 AM

Would help to know when you plan to go as prices vary widely between in and out of season. Also how much are you looking to spend per night on lodging ??
Old Dec 18th, 2003, 06:58 AM
Original Poster

I guess we would try to go in off season and spend maybe $200 - $300 per night? Or is that unrealistic?
Old Dec 18th, 2003, 07:21 AM

Kristen, lots on nice places to stay on the island. Cuisinart was doing a special until high season, at $250 night for a beautiful beach front junior suite. Its a beautiful new hotel. Check out their web site for specials. Also look into Frangipani. Howard C the above poster is the expert on that lovely spot.
Old Dec 18th, 2003, 09:24 AM
caribtraveler

kristen..we just booked frangipani. we went back and forth between frangipani and malliouhana. having done much research and reading fodorites opinion, malliouhana seems fabulous with a price tag to match. we chose frangipani because all the reviews were great and the price was better. a one bedroom suite at frangipani (includes kitchen - we're traveling wtin 2-year-old so that's a plus for us) with oceanview is $1575 for 7 nights low season(includes breakfast). a much better price than malliouhana. although i have a few more months to go before trip and may change reservations to malliouhana! (i'm notorious for changing my mind)

Old Dec 19th, 2003, 05:42 AM

Kirsten--Penny and Caribtraveler beat me to it. The Sun Sea and Sand package at Frangipani fits within your budget. We stayed at Frangipani over Thanksgiving for the 15 th time and are going again in Feb. If you go to www.debbiescaribbeanresortreviews.com and click on Anguilla and Reviews I have a long review of frang on that site. It is quite small--only 6 suites, a junior efficiency suite asnd the bedroom and books up fast so make reservations soon. You can cancel 30 days in advance of your trip for a full refund of your deposit (3 Nights) if your plans change.
To Caribtraveler--Hope you don't change your mind. With a two year old think you'll like Frang better than Malli. You can always check out Malli for your next trip.
Old Dec 19th, 2003, 05:52 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone!

One more question...how is the dining/snorkeling in Anguilla?
Old Dec 19th, 2003, 06:01 AM

Dining is excellent to outstanding in all price ranges. Snorkeling is only good. If you e-mail me I can direct you to a couple of better web sites where you can get all kinds on Anguilla info.
[email protected]
Old Dec 19th, 2003, 11:43 AM

I would toss the Carimar Beach Club into the pot. It's next door to Frang on Meads Bay. We stayed there and loved it. If you can, save some extra $$$$ and splurge for dinner at Altamer. Oh, how I wish I was planning my 15th trip to Anguilla. HowardC, I am jealous!
8-)