HELP - Ritz Rose Hall - Jamaica

Aug 3rd, 2002, 11:47 AM
kerri

HELP - Ritz Rose Hall - Jamaica

I am planning a trip to the Ritz Rose Hall for the end of August. What can I expect from the all inclusive plan? What are the restrictions? Thanks for any information.

Aug 3rd, 2002, 01:30 PM
Howard

I have just returned from the Ritz in Rose Hall. Me and my wife had a great time there. The hotel is spectacular. We did the All Inclusive and it was great. We were never got charged for anything. The AI includes all the drinks and any one of the 4 resturaunts. The White Witch has the best Lobster. They tell you there is a $10 charge if you order the lobster there. We never gat charged for it, and we had it 3 times. I think they just say that to limit people. Try the lobster. You will not pay for any food or drink when you are there, unless you go outside the resort. If you are a snacker bring some snacks with you for the room. the assortment at the hotel sundry store is limited. All the resturaunts we ate at were very good. WHen you get there call and make reservations for the Jasmines and the White Witch. They have a fifth resturaunt for lunch on the beach called the Jerk center. The food is really good if you like jerk chicken, pork or fish. This jerk center looks like a shack on the beach with a bar. Jasmines was wonderful they serve you up to a six course meal, most of the food is like appetizers. Horizons is also good for breakfast or dinner. Magos has a themed buffet every nite. We ate there on the fourth nite and found the buffet to be great dont be scared away. We did not run into any restrictions. We have stayed at other Ritz properties and this one holds its own. We would definitely return. They have the best pina coladas at the cohobas bar near the lobby. Have a great time. Any questions you can email me.

Aug 4th, 2002, 04:22 AM
Paul

Having just returned from a quick 4 night getaway at the Ritz, I can confirm that all of what Howard had to say was true. It's truly a super resort!

Aug 4th, 2002, 12:51 PM
kerri

Thanks Howard and Paul for the information. I'm glad that it is not all hype. I appreciate your feedback.
Can't wait to go.

What was the highlight of your trip? How did you handle tipping?

Thanks,
Kerri

Aug 4th, 2002, 02:02 PM
Paul

The highlight of our trip was a drive down the road to "Scotchies" for some
excellent jerk chicken......or another ride down the to Rose Hall beach for a morning snorkel trip. As for tipping..... I always take a lot of $1 and $5 in order to tip VERY well. Remember....these wonderful Jamaicans have so very little and appreciate everything so much. Have fun!!

Aug 4th, 2002, 02:04 PM
Paul

almost forgot!! if you go to Scotchies, make sure you get the jerked pork, baked yam and festival bread as well......it's ALL excellent. I know I know.....you're on an all inclusive...but you gotta have this wonderful food!!

Aug 5th, 2002, 06:19 PM
dave

My wife and I also just got back from 5 days at the Ritz. We had a great time, and I would echo the comments made by Howard.

I would suggest that you call for restaurant reservations before you leave, as the White Witch and Jasmines fill quickly.

A note about the AI plan. It is a little confusing, as they tell you that there is an automatic 10% tip included, but all the menus and the restaurant bills say it is not. It is though, so if you add an additional tip, as we did (again, these people make very little money) it will show up on your bill (at least most of the time).

I took $50 in singles for tipping, and used all but a few.

Also, be prepared for some relaxed (aka slow) service in some of the restaurants. Relax, slow down, enjoy yourself.

Try the Redstripe Light with a lime - I've become addicted.

Highlight - playing golf at White Witch, and having dinner at White Witch, watching the sunset.

ahhh....when can I go back?

any questions, let me know.