Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   Help. Need help planning a Sandals/Superclubs wedding. (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/help-need-help-planning-a-sandals-superclubs-wedding-102652/)

lori Jan 28th, 2001 06:28 AM

Help. Need help planning a Sandals/Superclubs wedding.

Hi all. I like the idea of a destination wedding, but I have a lot of questions. Hope you can share your experience with me with regards to Sandals/Superclubs weddings. <BR>I am worried that I will have no privacy for the wedding, and there'll be a lot of people staring at you. Did you find that to be so? <BR>How about the pictures? Did it turn out good? Did they just take 1 picture? <BR>I am thinking of a November timeframe. Is this a good time for the islands? I am interested in St. Lucia, St. Kitts, Bahamas, and Jamaica. <BR>Thank you all.

Michèle Feb 1st, 2001 11:25 AM

I got married at Superclub Grand Lido Sans souci in Jamaica last december and it was truly paradise! The wedding gazebo is located on a cliff overlooking the ocean. It is very private. Nobody else go there. On the second week of our honeymoon we went to Sandals Dunn's River and the weddings took place on the beach surrounded by lots of people eating their hot dogs while wathing the ceremonies! Grand Lido Sans souci is the best place to get married. They have complimentary manicure, pedicure, facial, massage, reflexology, body scrub. You can have a professional photographer for 150$. She did great pictures and she put them on a wedding album. The bouquet, boutonniere, wedding cake, champagne are included. You can have a single musician for 80$ or a band (I don't know the price for a band).We even got upgrated in a Penthouse! The food is incredible, even the cheapiest room is incredible, everything about this place is paradise! I would go back tomorrow if I could! As a matter of fact we will probably go back next december for our first anniversary. If you would like to see pictures of the wedding and the resort, you can go to my briefcase at : <BR>http://photos.yahoo.com/gazouee <BR>If you would like more details, you can email me <BR> <BR>Michèle

Michèle Feb 1st, 2001 11:43 AM

Forgot to tell you, room service is included for everyone, not just for the concierge suites like at Sandals.

dawn Feb 1st, 2001 11:44 AM

Lori, <BR> <BR>Have you visited www.talkaboutweddings.com <BR> <BR>You could get a lot of good ideas and suggestions there. Many people on the board have either gone to Sandals, or are going.

lori Feb 1st, 2001 11:58 PM

Thanks you for your replies. It sure helps.

abe Feb 2nd, 2001 05:29 AM

I went to Sandals Negril for my honeymoon in October 1999 and it was SPECTACULAR. While we did not get married there, a number of wedding took place during our stay, including a couple we met and became friends with. As to your question about privacy, it really depends. the Sandals wedding coordinator will allow you to have your wedding anywhere you want on the resort. I saw one weding right on the beach, it was pretty but definitely not private, others had theirs in the wedding gazebo which you can go to while there is no wedding, but when they have a wedding the area is blocked off. There are many nice places and it looks really nice. what you get as far as pictures, flowers and cake depends on what you pay. There is a basic package which is included but you can pay extra and make it as elaborate as you want. I know of one where the couple had friends and family down with about 35 people in attendence with a full outdoor reception with tons of flowers music food and of course cake. Apeak to a wedding coodinator with the resort to get a feel for things. <BR> <BR>As far as the choice between Superclubs and Sandals, I choose Sandals. Went to Grand Lido Braco in 2000 and it was nice, but a much older crowd with less resort activities and entertainment. If you get concierge at Sandal, it is the best! There is a full bar in your room too! Grand Lido has room service but no bar or fridge in the room!

mari Feb 2nd, 2001 06:21 AM

All rooms at Grand Lido Sans Souci have room service AND mini fridges. As for Grand Lido Braco, while the regular rooms on the textile side do not have fridges, the junior suites and suites do have fridges; all room types have room service.

Kim Feb 2nd, 2001 06:21 AM

My daughter is getting married at Sandals Royal Bahamian on May 5th, the wedding cordinater and our travel agent has done all the work for us. You can access a list of things they provide by going to Sandals web sight and clicking on weddingsmoons. You can also ask for them to fax you an weddingmoon option sheet that has all the information on it flowers prices, picture prices, reception services etc... go to [email protected] hope this helps!

DebbieH Feb 3rd, 2001 04:29 AM

We got married at Sandals Montego Bay in a gazebo over the ocean. We've been to many Sandals and SuperClubs resorts. I agree that San Souci is a beautiful place to get married and honeymoon. Room service at Sandals includes hot breakfast and more upscale food choices than the SuperClubs one. <BR> <BR>The pictures I've seen from SuperClubs weddings don't look as professional as our Sandals ones and the ones I've seen from others married at Sandals. Both do provide lovely ceremonies in many beautiful locations. <BR> <BR>Sandals Royal Caribbean is a favorite of ours. Nice to get off the plane and be there in 10 minutes. The minister there married us and is VERY special. <BR> <BR>We are going back to San Souci in May (I hope). I will have more updates. <BR> <BR>I also recommend you read www.ultimateweddings.com, www.theknot.com, and you can check out some photos at some of the Yahoo clubs. <BR> <BR>I recommend buying a photo package with negatives and also a professional video wherever you go.