HELP- Is what I want just a dream?

Old Nov 6th, 2006, 07:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP- Is what I want just a dream?

Okay. I have 5 days (MAYBE 6). I fly from Boston. I have never been to the Caribbean (I know, shame on me). I am drawn toward the look of St Lucia with its great pitons and LUSH greenery, but I absolutely want at least a small but beautiful beach. NOT a big resort, but definately an upscale place. I want to really FEEL like I'm somewhere different. I'm a bit of a hotel snob, admittedly. Rain forests, hiking, lounging on the beach. I don't eat a lot so an AI is probably not for me. We just want peace. I am put off by many of the St-Somewheres due to the LONG day of travel. I don't have that much time, and my BF Dreads flying. HELP... all suggestions are very welcome. Thanks
Old Nov 6th, 2006, 08:01 AM

St. Lucia is not known for its' beaches. From Boston, you can fly to St. Thomas by midday and be met by staff from Caneel Bay Resort on St. John, where you will be whisked away to their boat for the short ride to their dock. There you will have 170 acres and SEVEN tree-shaded white sand beaches with wade-in snorkeling. See www.caneelbay.com Take a look at the video on their website. As nice as that is, it doesn't begin to do justice to this paradise on earth. When you look at the beaches on the video, there are rooms at the edge of the beach, but you can't see them, they are so well camoflaged. Caneel is in the National Park, with no development to be seen from anywhere on the property. Caneel is not glitter and glitz, but it is upscale West Indies casual. And St. John, with 2/3 of the island being National Park, is a nature-lovers' playground.
Old Nov 6th, 2006, 02:44 PM

I personally would save St Lucia for when you have more time. If you only go for 5 days, you will lose 2 days to travel. Not only is it a long flight, you will (depending on which airport you land at) have a 1.5 hour drive on top of it. We have been twice and love St Lucia, but it is a long day to get there.
Old Nov 7th, 2006, 07:37 AM

For Winter 2007 Cayman has non-stop service from Boston on Cayman Airways, and your vacation starts with the Cayman rum punch and the smile when you board the flight

AI is not something we go in for in Cayman, but beautiful beaches, upscale feel ? check
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 10:56 AM

Have you thought about Puerto Rico? Diverse geography, rainforests, wide range of accomodations, and a direct flight from Boston.