Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page > HELP! Having doubts about my planned vacation to Cayman!

HELP! Having doubts about my planned vacation to Cayman!

Apr 5th, 2002, 07:20 AM
Marin

HELP! Having doubts about my planned vacation to Cayman!

Hi. I thought I had it ALL figured out . . a condo on 7MB for my family of 6.
Now, I'm having doubts. We can't find a condo on north 7MB where we can all be together (in the same room/suite) . . so, really, a villa/vacation home would be our ideal.
Also - we NEED to be w/in walking distance to snorkeling. . . .
I've been looking at the BVI's and St. John . . . wondering if I should also consider Cayman Kai or Little cayman . . .
I really don't want to spend more than $3000/week on accomodations.
WHERE's THE BEST OFF-SHORE SNORKELING IN THE CARIBBEAN??????????????
(I've been to St. Thomas, St. Croix, Provo)
Help!
(if this is the worst of my worries, I'm doing pretty good, huh?)
Thanks for any advice. : )

Apr 5th, 2002, 07:24 AM
anon

Best off shore is Bonaire. I'm not positive, but I think the Plaza has the kind of rooms you're looking for. It's also w/i walking distance to the best restaurant on the island...Richards.

Roatan/Belize is supposed to be good too, but I have never been there. I've spent a good deal of time in Bonaire tho.

Apr 5th, 2002, 08:53 AM
Cheryl

Look into the Turtle Nest Inn on Grand Cayman ... they have a web site you can check. The inn has 7-8 rooms and you may be able to rent what you need. It is a about 20-30 minute ride from Georgetown and 7MB so you will need a car, however the inn is right on its own small section of beach, although the beach is not a nice as 7MB. (The shore is a bit pebbly with turtle grass.) However, there is a reef right off the shore of their beach that has excellent snorkeling. They also have a nice pool. The rooms are nice and were immaculate.

Apr 5th, 2002, 09:48 AM
Susan

Aruba Marriott Ocean Club has a two bedroom suite and two bathrooms. Also, they have pullout bed in the living room. I believe it fits up to 6 people. Check out the Marriott Ocean Club website.

It is an awesome place, I think you can get it for around $250.00. Check out different sites to see where you can get the best deal on Ocean Club Marriott.

Aruba is awesome!!

Apr 5th, 2002, 10:09 AM
anon

Arubas off shore snorkeling leaves a lot to be desired tho. I saw several rare species tho: the rusty beercan, the plastic cup, other assorted garbage....

Apr 5th, 2002, 11:02 AM
Susan

...Someomes garbages is someone elses treasure!

Apr 5th, 2002, 04:32 PM
Sandy

Marin,
Look into the Cayman Kai area for a villa. There's many nice ones in that area in the price range your looking at. Also, the Retreat at Rum Point is a nice condo complex in that price range, It's on the northside of the island. There's great snorkeling from the shore in both of those areas also. Try www.caymanvillas.com or www.caymanvacations.com for villa and condo rentals. I've stayed at the Retreat for 11 years and really love the place. It's a 40 minute drive to 7MB, and you would need a car, but it's a lovely area. Very quiet and laid back!
Sandy

Search this Thread