Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   Help? Has anyone ever stayed at, seen, or heard of the Paradise Beach Resort on Virgin Gorda? (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/help-has-anyone-ever-stayed-at-seen-or-heard-of-the-paradise-beach-resort-on-virgin-gorda-121210/)

Lynn Apr 30th, 2001 12:20 PM

Help? Has anyone ever stayed at, seen, or heard of the Paradise Beach Resort on Virgin Gorda?

Please let me know what this hotel is like. My fiance and I are planning to stay there for our honeymoon, but can't find very much information. They seem to promise everything on their website, but I don't know how reliable that is. <BR>We're looking for something that is somewhat secluded, but comfortable. It doesn't have to be too fancy, but we'd prefer that it's not run down. Thanks, any input will be very appreciated.

Mariarosa Apr 30th, 2001 12:45 PM

Lynn, <BR>Do a search this resort on the British Virgin Islands forum at www.traveltalkonline.com I think I read something regarding this place in that forum, but I cannot remember much about it! <BR> <BR>Good luck!

Abby Apr 30th, 2001 02:42 PM

Hi Lynn, <BR> <BR>My husband and I stayed on Virgin Gorda for several days, and we didn't actually see the resort you are talking about. We stayed at the Olde Yarde Inn and absolutely loved it...it was definitely everything the brochure promised. Not that this should deter you from Paradise Beach Resort, I just wanted to give you some options to compare it to. <BR> <BR>Have fun! We loved our time on Virgin Gorda.

Joel May 17th, 2001 02:36 PM

The mystery resort! It has eluded me for quite some time. I really should have tried to find it last time I was on VG, but didn't. I'm not sure I've ever seen a posting on it here at Fodors which certainly doesn't mean it is not good, but would scare me off just based on lack of info. <BR>I do heartily agree with Abby concerning Olde Yard. A great, small resort. Only rivals for its size, imo, are over on Tortola. Very good restaurant.

KNoel May 18th, 2001 04:05 AM

We stayed there a few years ago--not sure about all the mystery--I've seen a couple of posts about it! It's nice, quiet, a wonderful beach, the accomodations are simple, but very comfortable. I would suggest being as close to the water as possible--that's always my preference. They have a couple of kayaks which we used A LOT! You can go to Savannah Bay on them--the most beautiful beach in the BVI! Georgio's Table (Italian Restaurant) nearby and it's delicious. (Although I've heard reports that it's not consistent food-wise) You will definately need a car for exploring--at one time it was included in the rental, but not when we were there. All in all, I think it fits the bill as far as seclusion goes--have a wonderful time!

Joel May 20th, 2001 06:53 AM

Thanks, KNoel, for setting me straight. I think that I did see PBR (not Pabst Blue Ribbon), when my wife and I were driving around VG. Isn't it on the dirt road that runs out to Nail Bay? You turn off the dirt road and down a steep hill to the resort. Seemed quiet and very low key. Am I right?

KNoel May 20th, 2001 03:23 PM

Yes, Joel, you are correct! I think there's a sign on the road for Georgio's Table. Quiet and low key? Absolutely!

Joel May 22nd, 2001 04:30 PM

Thanks, KNoel. In that case, Lynn, imo it really had a lot going for it. Very nice beach and very attractive accomodations close to the water. Assuming you have a map of Virgin Gorda (you will find one at caribbean-on-line.com), you'll find it on the west shore of the main body of VG, very near Nail Bay. Excellent beach. I'd say you're 20 minutes by car from Spanishtown and the Valley. Very high mountain directly behind you. Not much breeze in the Spring.

Lynn May 24th, 2001 01:14 PM

Thanks so much for all of the info. Secluded is what we are looking for - and we are planning on an beachfornt suite. KNoel, I am concerned about the Jeep not being included in the rental - this was promised to us. -Lynn