Help for Family Trip in June/July

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 16th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We would like to take a trip with our girls (ages 13, 11, 8 and 15-months), maybe to the Carribean, in late June-early July. Can anyone recommend an easy flight from Newark or Philadelphia to a resort that has great kids activities, golf, horseback riding, a nice beach where it will not be unbearably hot?
Old May 17th, 2006, 05:34 PM

Bermuda- not as hot in mid-summer as the rest of the Caribbean and it's an easy flight from where you are.
Old May 18th, 2006, 11:31 AM

If you have a hard time with heat, it will be pretty hot just about anywhere. I have sweated it out in Bermuda in May in 95 degree weather. I would just make sure you find somewhere with easy access to airconditioned retreats. Bahamas is also easy to get to from where you are, and St. Thomas USVI also has direct flights from Newark and Philadelphia.
Old May 18th, 2006, 12:47 PM

Take a look at St. Croix, particularly the Buccaneer; I believe USAirways still has a nonstop from Philly right into St. Croix, and this resort---though upscale---is good for families. You also might try going south, and for that I'd recommend Curacao; I think Continental flies there (though perhaps only from Houston, but you could connect from Newark). The third place is Puerto Rico; if you look on the west coast, you can find some reasonably priced an lovely small hotels and resorts; only the golf isn't as convenient there.
Old May 18th, 2006, 12:49 PM

How could I forget the lovely Westin Rio Mar in Puerto Rico? It has everything you're looking for, and it's a good base if you want to explore El Yunque and the eastern half of the island. You'll find htat it's hot in the Caribbean, but not unbearable if you get outside the cities.
Old Jun 6th, 2006, 09:30 AM

Think about the Bahamas, but any Island will be hot during that time of the year.
For somewhere to stay go to www.freeportbahamsvilla.com