Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Help--Anyone who knows about Apple vacations...Are they safe for Aruba travel?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4th, 2000, 04:48 AM
Lindsey

My husband and I were offered (via a reputable travel agency) a great deal for Aruba in February with Apple Vacations. I've heard a few bad things but wondered if those experiences were the exception rather than the rule. Anyone who knows you're help would be appreciated. Also, how is Aruba in February??? Thanks.

Old Dec 4th, 2000, 06:09 AM
JulieD

Hi, Lindsey. We've taken Apple to Aruba (to whats now the Wyndham)and Jamaica(Grand Lido Negril) with no problems. In fact our experience was better with Apple than some others. <BR>We were in Aruba in early March the year we went and the weather was quite hot (low 90's) and very windy. We loved it because we are from Chicago which is cold and windy in March!

Old Dec 4th, 2000, 06:16 AM
Debs

Lindsey-Wouldn't hestitate to travel with Apple again. Flew them from our home city to Puerto Vallarta-other than the departing flight leaving just a bit later than scheduled, the flights were smooth and uncrowded(travelling in the off-season). An Apple rep is available during your stay who will review 'the lay of the land' for you as well as arrange tours and the like. Hassle free and not a high pressure sale at all. <BR> <BR>Sorry, can't help with the Aruba question, but anything in the southern Caribbean in February is bound to be beautiful. Have fun.

Old Dec 4th, 2000, 10:34 AM
Cheri

You can't beat their prices. They are reputable and do a lot of business in our area. The only thing I have against them is their flights leave here late in the day and come home early in the morning and you lose a lot of time that way. I would prefer to do it the other way around!

Old Dec 4th, 2000, 10:56 AM
Jess

Apple is great! Have used it to Jamaica several times as well as Mexico. Don't worry!

Old Dec 4th, 2000, 11:35 AM
Darlene

Eight of us just came back from an Apple tour to Punta Cana, the Occidental Hotel, and it was fabulous. We all loved it. There were no problems at all. We had taken an Apple tour to Cancun in Nov. of '99, the Blue Bay Resort, and it was also very nice but not as good as Punta Cana. We got them for really good prices, $550 for Cancun and $648 for Punta Cana, and they were both all inclusive. One of the couples that we went with also took an Apple tour to Aruba and said it was definitely worth it. Hope you have a as good of a time as we did. Darlene

Old Dec 4th, 2000, 01:08 PM
Mark

We had a bad experience on a trip to Jamacia. We had some problems (no A/C, wrong accomodations, paid for things we didn't get) and there was not an Apple rep available for days then when we did finally get in touch the rep was not helpful. It may not have been Apple's fault (could have been the rep) and that's not to say others don't have better luck, but we won't use Apple again. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Old Dec 4th, 2000, 02:37 PM
Gail

Have taken Apple several times to the Bahamas and once to Cancun. Had good experiences every time. It's hard to beat their prices. Just don't stay at any of their two or three apple hotels. Stay at the better rated ones.

Old Dec 4th, 2000, 08:10 PM
JanGail

We have used the services of Apple twice <BR>and are about to use them again for <BR>the third time in May 2001 to Aruba. <BR>We have used Apple for our vacations to <BR>Jamaica and to Aruba with no problems. <BR>The Apple people are flexible to work <BR>with-- you can request room upgrades, <BR>meal plans, a limited choice of airlines <BR>to use. We are using American Airlines <BR>to Aruba. You still need to do your <BR>homework on where to stay in Aruba-- <BR>don't always rely on the information <BR>provided in Apple's brochure as it may <BR>not be up to date. Use the internet-- <BR>get on bulletin boards, check out <BR>websites, etc. If you need help where <BR>to look for more information about <BR>Aruba resorts and about the island in <BR>general, e-mail me and I can provide <BR>you some info on Aruba related websites. <BR>JanGail