Search

HELP! Almond spa or village?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17th, 2005, 12:28 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP! Almond spa or village?

Hello,
I am all over the place in searching for my mid-November honeymoon destination. I was between st. John and Barbados Almond resorts and Almond is more affordable. We are doing about 12 days but I don't know which to chose. Almond spa or village. Any opinions. I heard Almond village has alot of kids, what about the other? I've also read a review of a couple having their room robbed. Is Barbados a safe place.
PLEASE HELP!!

Anyone have a favorite beach or area of the island. Or an absolutely amazing hotel I have to check out. I want our honeymoon to be as amazing and affordable as possible.
THANK You!!!!
Old Oct 17th, 2005, 06:48 AM

We've stayed at Almond Club and visited Almond Village for dinner. I wouldn't recommend either for a honeymoon, though Barbados is beautiful. Both are far too expensive for what you're getting.

Friends raved about Little Arches, and though it's small, they still found they had access to everything they wanted to do.
Have you looked at recent posts on tripadvisor?
Old Oct 17th, 2005, 05:35 PM

Lily - send an e-mail to Lois and ask her for her Barbados Insider Tips ([email protected]). I just got it from her and, even though I have been there a number of times myself, her guide has things I have never heard of or considered. It's also very well written and organized.

I don't think either one of us would recommend Almond. I stayed at the Village last year with my then-infant daughter and will never stay there again. The food is very mediocre for the price and there are some spectacular restaurants on Barbados that you don't want to miss.

Generally, Barbados is a very safe island. If you use the normal precautions (don't leave stuff in your car, make sure hotel doors are locked, etc.) you shouldn't have a problem at all.

Where ever you go, have a great time, and congratulations on the wedding.
Old Oct 18th, 2005, 06:57 AM

Have you thought about Antigua instead? If you are looking for an All-Inclusive, I would recommend Galley Bay on Antigua. Before settling on a cruise two years ago, we had it narrowed down to a cruise or Galley Bay.
Old Oct 18th, 2005, 06:57 AM

I should add that we looked at AI's on Barbados, and we weren't that impressed.
Old Oct 18th, 2005, 08:09 AM

I'd be happy to send along my recently updated Barbados Insider Tips (Oct 18, 05) to anyone who is interested. Write me at: [email protected]

I'd forget about all-inclusives - too many fantastic restaurants in Barbados to do this.

Barbados is extremely safe -- we go all over the island by car and have never encountered any problems.

We've been to Antiqua and it's much less developed (more like Barbados 20 years ago), but not as much to do there. Also, Barbados has many more nice beaches.

St. John (Virgin Islands) is a national park with lots of beauty and great for hiking. You just will not find all the activities nor restaurant options you will find in Barbados.

Lois
Old Oct 20th, 2005, 03:44 PM

If you don't have any children or want to avoid them go to the spa. The Village is infested with kids. For what you would spend at Almond I would consider a Sandals in St Lucia or Antigua.