Which Sandals??

Old Mar 23rd, 2002, 02:18 PM
sdunkerly

Which Sandals??

We are planning a "wedding moon" in Jamaica. Have looked at all the Sandals sights and read a ton of posts on this website and still can't decide. Like a quiet atmosphere, beautiful beach and landscape. With all of that said I am completely open-minded and would love to hear anyone's advice on the "best" sandals. Thanks.

Old Mar 23rd, 2002, 07:23 PM
mj

Quietest and prettiest beaches would be Negril so Sandals Negril. If you're open to other suggestions, Swept Away is the most romantic and Grand Lido Sans Souci or the new Couples Negril are worth a look as well. Both have a little bit more of the personality of the island than Sandals. Sandals is still a wonderful resort if you still decide on that because to the weddingmoon.

Old Mar 24th, 2002, 06:10 AM
Penney

We have been to many Sandals and it is hard to choose as they are all different. In general, if you are looking for a quieter atmosphere, beautiful beaches and lush landscaping, I would tune into Negril (although there are comments that the beach took a beating from all the storms), Halcyon, and first and foremost, Antigua I think would really suit your needs. The resort, we felt was the most beautiful of all the Sandals. Gardens are so romantic and lush. Beach is white with calm waters and very long. A very relaxed and laid back atmosphere. <BR><BR>I would aviod MoBay, Dunn's, St. Lucia and Bahamas if looking for a quieter atmosphere. They are beautifiul resorts (or at least the two out of that group we have been too are!) but more active and much larger.<BR><BR>I do have picturres of the Sandals we have been to - feel free to email me.<BR><BR>Penney<BR><BR>PS: We too were married in the Caribbean - wonderful experience!

Old Mar 24th, 2002, 07:07 AM
Susan

Thanks for the responses. I would love to see the your pictures, Penney. We had been really looking at the Sandals Negril and Royal Carribbean.

Old Mar 24th, 2002, 11:04 AM
Jane

We honeymooned last year at the Sandals in the Bahamas and we thought it was amazing. The resort is so beautiful and they truly waited on us hand and foot. The food was delicious and our suite was huge and very nice (marble bathroom/ large bedroom area/ living room with kitchenette...) they served our breakfast on our balcony every morning. we thought the nightlife was fun, not loud and crazy and the entire setting of the resort was peaceful and romantic. I would recommend it to anyone, we want to go back as soon as we can!!!!

Old Mar 24th, 2002, 04:14 PM
Susan

Thanks for the responses. I would love to see the your pictures, Penney. We had been really looking at the Sandals Negril and Royal Carribbean.

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 09:52 AM
Lauren

Any information on Sandals Halycon in St. Lucia?? We are thinking on having a weddingmoon there! Thanks!

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 09:56 AM
Mary

Try a text search above. I'm sure you'll find lots of information on Sandals Halcyon, including wedding information.

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 02:52 PM
Penney

Lauren,<BR><BR>Just email me and I will be happy to pass on my site of Sandals Halcyon Pictures. Also, haver you been to the Yahoo Sandals Group forum? Tons of great info and other pic's as well.<BR><BR>It is a wonderful resort.

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 01:35 PM
SS

lauren...we were at sandals halycon in oct 2000 and loved it. My photos are posted, among others, on www.tropictravelonline.com. in the photo gallery. There are lots of sandals people hanging out on that board. Check it out! <BR><BR>Halcyon is a beautiful resort, the gardens are breathtaking and all in all a great resort.

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 06:01 AM
Lor

Stay away from Sandals - St. Lucia - They ruined our entire wedding moon - email me for details if you like

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 10:40 AM
Allison

My new husband and I just got back from Sandals St. Lucia Golf Resort & Spa, in January of 2002.<BR>We had a wonderful time! We have been to many Sandals previously and this is our absolute favourite.<BR> <BR>We decided to have our wedding at Sandals, based on our previous visit to the Sandals Dunns River Resort. We had such a wonderful time there, that we new we would really enjoy having our wedding at a Sandals Resort. We chose the St. Lucia resort because of its extreme beauty, large variety of restaurants, and quality of surroundings. We are so glad that we had our wedding at Sandals. Our Wedding Coordinator was so professional, organized and helpful, that it could not have been simpler or more beautiful. Being a Graphic Designer, means that it is quite a task to impress me, but the attention to detail and the quality of services were top notch. Every one of my requests, from my bridal bouquet to the decoration of the gazebo, was executed flawlessly and to my exact specifications. The photographers, were extremely accommodating and our photographs could not have been more beautiful. <BR> <BR>Our room was as beautiful as the resort itself. We really enjoyed the helpfulness of the people in the Concierge office. They really go out of their way to ensure that you have the best time possible, by meeting your every request as promptly as possible.<BR><BR>We have always been impressed with the variety and quality of food at Sandals, and seeing as my husband is a chef, he is obviously a tough audience, but they always manage to amaze him with the menu selection and quality of ingredients.<BR> <BR>I would definately recommend a Sandals wedding to anyone who wants a care-free, stunning, unusual and romantic experience . It is everything I ever dreamed of and we have a wonderful collection of photos and memories to prove it. <BR> <BR>We just can't say enough good things about the Sandals St. Lucia Golf Resort & Spa. My husband and I plan to renew our vows there in 5 years.<BR><BR>We are already planning our next trip, for our first anniversary, to another Sandals resort.