Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   Hedonism II (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/hedonism-ii-58242/)

Roger P. Dec 17th, 1999 04:01 AM

Hedonism II

Have gotten some good reports regarding Jamaica's Hedonism II and its hang-loose, swinging philosophy. Any information would be appreciated.

Angela Dec 17th, 1999 06:26 AM

For information and links regarding Hedonism try www.jamaicajim.com He has a great homepage with tons of info and links. Good Luck and have fun.

jazzy Dec 20th, 1999 09:51 AM

My sister and her H went to Hedo II and had the time of their lives. They r trying to get friends to experience it too, now they want to go to Hedo III! They loved it, but be prepared to be shocked from some of the way people dress! I saw the video of the pajama party and some people were NOT pleasant on the eyes!!

leila Jan 3rd, 2000 11:35 AM

My husband and I went to Hedo and found the beaches and the water a BIG disappointment. The truth is that 90% of the people, singles are well as couples are there to "swing", we were hit on constantly. I was told by my travel agent that it was a party atmosphere, that it had something for everyone, well, most guests are into Ecstacy (the drug), we were offered it often. Let's be truthful, the guests aren't really nudists, they're there for sex. Husbands were holding their wives hands while they were with other partners, sex in the hotel hot tubs (yuk, how unsanitary!), and in the pools. "To each their own" I always say, but it wasn't for me, too much and too much in your face. And those awful 70's style formica rooms! It's definately a swingers paradise, not a beach lovers paradise.

Kim Jan 13th, 2000 08:05 AM

Hi! I visited here last yr in Feb, We were staying at Sandals Negril which is right next to Hedonism, only separated <BR>by a gate which you are more then welcome to enter anytime you want.I feel the same way it looked like a swappers dream. No thank you !!!!

Leila Jan 13th, 2000 05:06 PM

Reply to Tom / a few messages above: You can't catch AIDS from having sex in your fantasies - but you can definately catch AIDS from having casual sex with men who are having casual sex with everything that walks (or lays down)! Leila

Kim Jan 17th, 2000 10:53 AM

In reply to Tom!! <BR>I have been very happy, married and faithful to the same man for 24 yrs. He is the only man I want to make my fantasies come true. <BR>

Kim Jan 17th, 2000 02:34 PM

Tom, one other thing, if you are wanting to talk about fantasies ther are plenty of other web sights to go to. This one is for travelers who like to chat about the places they have visited and the things they liked about there vacations not garbage like that. Anyone AGREE?

Tom Jan 18th, 2000 04:03 AM

I was being fascetious and am very sorry for being disrespectful to the ladies. Actually, I found both ladies's posts valuable, especially Leila's. Maybe the lesson of Hedonism II is that we should not get to live out all our fantasies because some fantasies result in bad trips. Again, ladies, please accept my apology.

Kim Jan 18th, 2000 05:54 AM

Tom, I accept your apology!

tina Jan 25th, 2000 09:13 PM

Why do you even bother to travel? You're all too naive. Go to see other cultures, etc., not to parade around without "a shell". You can do that at home. Fodor would be insensed.

Teddy Feb 17th, 2000 10:51 AM

Went with a girlfriend three years ago. Watching your girlfriend have sex with another guy or even knowing about what she is doing three doors down the hall with is not as much fun experiencing as it is fantasizing about. We split up as soon as we returned from Hedonism. I found out that I'm not totally comfortable with the hang-loose atmosphere at Hedonism II. I'll never go back.

Dude Feb 18th, 2000 12:32 PM

Yeah, I think we all know that place was built strictly as a meeting place for swingers. I'd never go there. I mean, I'm a red-blooded American male who has fantasies about such things, but i wouldn't take my girlfriend there. And besides, Ive seen pictures of the place, and can tell you that by the looks of it, I didn't see to many women that would meet my fantasy criteria(maybe thats what all the drugs are for).

Wyatt Mar 14th, 2000 12:15 PM

Sounds like a great place. Any other feedback would be appreciated. Thank you.

Ted Mar 15th, 2000 04:01 AM

A woman named Chris Santilli sells a book through Amazon.com on the topic of Hedonism II. The Amazon blurb makes it seem like the nudity is limited and so is the sex. This conflicts with the views of some of the posters to this Fodor's thread. Does everybody just romp around naked, even amongst hotel staff? Do people, even anonymous people, copulate in public as others watch on in the manner of the movie "Clan of the Cave Bear"? Do many of the men embarass themselves due to their prediliction toe aroused by the sight of pretty, desirable nude females? What is the truth about this place?

Anon Jan 13th, 2001 12:20 PM

Ecstacy, Nudity, Copulation. Hey, you bible thumpers may live your lives as you want. Sometimes I travel for culture, sometimes for fun. This sounds like a great place to me!

KIM Jan 14th, 2001 06:28 AM

This is just my view and we all have our own. Ok, for one thing yes they do walk around all natural even in front of the staff, and no I did not see any copulating in public, I think the people who go there have morals and what they do in private is not much of anyones business but theirs. I found it to be to easy for things to get out of hand while I visited their. I might be a little prudie but nudity I feel should be between 2 people whom love each other and I am not willing to share my hubbie (it all ways) with anyone else. That not to say its not ok for the rest of you I respect your views on this and we all should enjoy our travels where ever it takes us!!

Maggie Mar 24th, 2001 07:23 AM

My goodness Leila!! From reading your post, you obviously went to Hedo 2 at a wrong time. You apparently were there the week the Lifestylers were there. Too bad you didn't check out www.dennyp.com before making the trip. With the information available at the web site, you would have been able to change the dates, but since you didn't check out the web site, you ended up at the right resort at a wrong time. My husband and I go there because we love it. We don't go there to swap or have an orgy. We are not swingers, but we enjoy being nude. REMEMBER, being nude doesn't necessarily mean you are swingers! We go back again and again because of FRIENDS we made, the atmosphere is just wonderful, the staff is sooo friendly, and the night life is fun! We wouldn't want to stay at any resort where people go to bed at 10pm!! <BR>

Keri Mar 24th, 2001 08:00 AM

Maggie, I'm with you! <BR>I find it amusing that people that have never been to Hedo think they have all of the answers. Oh no, don't go THERE! The place is full of ecstacy crazed swingers!!!! LOL!!!! Give me a break! <BR>Leila must have been there during an especially crazy week. <BR> <BR>This must be said...Yes there are swingers at Hedo. Respect is the key word at Hedo. If you are "hit on" and you are not interested just politely say no thank you and that's it! Move on!! It's that simple. <BR> <BR>Look, Hedo isn't right for everyone, this is true. But those of you who choose to bash the place, when you haven't even been there?! You really need to get a life! <BR> <BR>And no, I'm not a "swinger" either.

Ivona McCormick Mar 24th, 2001 12:29 PM

I can't believe all the comments from people that haven't even been to the resort. <BR>Firstly, let me address the Aids topic - there were no reports of that ever happening. The hot tub is cleaned and chemicals are put daily if not twice a day. If there is sex, it's not in your face. The people are friendliest and most respectful we have ever met (we traveled to Hawaii, Mexico, in Europe - extensivley, and never had so much fun. We are not swingesr and I consider my husband to be the only man for me. We are both professionals as most of the people that go to Hedo. <BR>As far as fantasies and letting your girlfriend sleep with somebody else - I don't think she had a gun put to her head and forced to have sex, did she? Looks to me like a total lack of communication between the two of you and failing to set boundries for one another before you went. <BR>We've never senn any other drug but ganja and not all of us smoke. We go there to have fun, drink dirty bananas, meet great people to converse with, dance with, play voleyball with - while naked. <BR>If you think that men are aroused at all times by the nude pool, you have no iea what nudity is all about. It's not a meat market, you are there for different purpose. Of course you will find some people that are interested in swaping partners, but if that's not your thing - simple no, thank you works very well over there. Respect is the game at both Hedos. For those of you who are afraid to take your partner there - do yourselves a favor and try it - you'll find that your relationship can only benefit from the romantic atmosphere. It's up to you to set your boundries, nobody will force you to do anything you don't want to do. Most of the people that go there are regular folks that want to have fun. If your only criteria for making friends is their external beauty and body shape, I wonder how you are doing in a real life? You must be some special guy if you are surrounded by models-look alike all the time. I'm sure that a lot of people might not consider your significant other a good candidate to date or sleep with, would you still take drugs on those grounds? <BR>Please, give me break. Do some research before you bash the place and its atmophere about which you obviously have no real idea about.