Search

British Virgin Islands

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15th, 1996, 08:26 AM
Amanda

British Virgin Islands

The pace of life on Virgin Gorda is much slower than on its larger sister island Tortola. Goats and cattle own the right of way and the unpretentious, friendly local people will win you over. There aren't many paved roads and one of the best ways to see the island is by sailboat. You can explore most of Gorda's sights in one day, but you might want to start off in Virgin Gorda's Spanish Town on Gorda's main settlement (on the island's southern wing). Also known as The Valley, this peaceful village is so tiny that it barely qualifies as a town at all.Spanish Town is home to a marina, a small cluster of shops, and a couple of car-rental agencies. At the Virgin Gorda Yacht Harbour you can enjoy a stroll along the dock front or do a little browsing in the shops.

Old Jan 1st, 1997, 10:08 PM
Ted Whittenkraus

Don't miss The Baths if you love to snorkel. There's even a resident barracuda - but he's old and blind or so they say...

Old Mar 14th, 1997, 04:29 PM
irene macdonald

Hi, we are a family of 5 (3 kids, 2 adults) and are thinking of the BVI for July. There are so many villas to choose from, but what we seem to like are the ones on Mahoe Bay (e.g., Villa Valmarc)
What do you know of this area? I understand we would require a car....we all love just very laid-back, tranquil holidays with lots of swimming and hiking...would Virgin Gorda suit our needs do you think?
I understand that other properties might be just as nice, but less expensive (someone said something about cottages on stilts?)
Please help us in any way that you can.....VERY much appreciated!

Old Mar 14th, 1997, 05:20 PM
K. Noel

We're going to Virgin Gorda on 3/25 and are staying at Paradise Beach Resort. We're a family with one thirteen year old child. I'll let you know how we like VG and will check out the places to stay as well as how we liked Paradise Beach! KN

Old Mar 15th, 1997, 04:08 PM
Lynne Sangster

In my opinion, the BVI's is the most beautiful vacation spot in the Carribean. The most noteworthy island being Virgin Gorda. I recommend this destination to anyone.

Old Mar 15th, 1997, 04:08 PM
Lynne Sangster

In my opinion, the BVI's is the most beautiful vacation spot in the Carribean. The most noteworthy island being Virgin Gorda. I recommend this destination to anyone.