Heart Academy(Runaway Bay, Jamaica)

Sep 17th, 2003, 04:24 AM
Original Poster

Heart Academy(Runaway Bay, Jamaica)

Just curious if anyone has actually slept here? I'm familiar with the training aspect of the "hotel". I also know that they have a newer bank of rooms as well. Can anyone who has actually stayed here please comment on their experience. Food? Service? Anything.
Thanks in advance!
Sep 18th, 2003, 02:40 AM

One of our new chefs is from Heart and they train very well. The hillside well-taken-care-of if Marriott/condo-looking hotel however, a drive to the beach below past the golf course, isn't the most promising place to stay, even tho it's bright/clean/sparkling/with all details down. Go for food. Stay in a villa or Jamaica Inn.
Sep 18th, 2003, 04:49 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the response. Though we normally do stay in a villa up above Heart, this trip is an "after thought" and I have to keep it real cheap.
(We're going back in the spring) We know Runaway Bay very well and really are just looking for a clean, safe, friendly, and inexpensive place to sleep. Quoted $125 per night for a newer room inclucing breakfast and dinner for two guests. The trek to the beach is fine with us. We've walked it before.....I think Heart will drive guests to and fro as well. Bottom line is is sounds clean, friendly and well run? Correct? Thanks again!
Sep 19th, 2003, 03:06 AM

Good springtime price,that -- and since you know the terrain/territory already you know you won't find one better. Nikoy,one of our chefs at Drambuie, is a new grad and we have a villa up on the hill past as well. A trip report on return? Walk good.
Sep 19th, 2003, 04:28 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Tivertonhouse......Actually this trip is planned for Chrismtas. We'll be back on Jamaica for our normal trip in Spring......And I promise a trip report on Heart shortly after the 1st of the year. Thanks again!