Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   Have you been to the Tamarijn? (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/have-you-been-to-the-tamarijn-238993/)

Michelle Jul 12th, 2002 01:06 PM

Have you been to the Tamarijn?

Our family is taking a trip to Aruba over Christmas, and we will be staying at the Tamarijn (mega all-inclusive). I know that the resort offers all non-motorized sports, but we are also interested in jet-skiing and parasailing. Does anyone know whether or not they offer those watersports right on the property, or do we have to travel to the high rise hotels to find the motorized watersports? Also, if anyone has any helpful info or tips that would make our trip more enjoyable, I would love to hear them. Thanks so much!

Bud Jul 12th, 2002 05:03 PM

Aruba Trip report posted at:<BR>http://www.visitaruba.com/guestarea/...s/trip374.html

june Jul 13th, 2002 04:52 AM

dvice - go to nother resort - this is a Motel 6 on a pretty beach. Rudest and i mean rudest front desk staff ever.

Bud Jul 13th, 2002 05:26 AM

The "Tam" is undergoing some renovations and construction crews are on the property. There is some noise problems with one part of the resort and have heard of some other problems on the Aruba BB. They are also building another wing across the street from the original buildings. You may want to check the BB website at:<BR>http://www.visitaruba.com/guestarea/bboard.mv<BR>

pam Jul 13th, 2002 06:23 PM

Tam is a dump. Pick another hotel.

Michelle Jul 14th, 2002 08:15 PM

I'm sorry...did i mention that WE ALREADY BOOKED our vacation at the Tam?!? I'd appreciate it if people would either answer the questions or not write anything at all...no need to bash the resort that we've (and i repeat) ALREADY BOOKED.

xxx Jul 15th, 2002 07:14 AM

Wow girl! With that attitude, I'd be surprised if anybody answers you now.

jessie Jul 15th, 2002 08:44 AM

I was in aruba 2 weeks ago. We visited the Tam i didnt have any bad experiences and there were alot of people all over this resort it seemed like a happening place. I didnt see nothing for the motorized sports, maybe if travel to palm beach you can find some motorized sports there.<BR><BR>The people on this post dont have nothing good to say about Aruba so please try not rely 100 % on what they write back to you. hope this helped

helllooo Jul 15th, 2002 09:25 AM

She also asked for tips to make their trip more enjoyable. People were just responding that she might want to look at another hotel to make the trip more enjoyable. That's all.

nancee Jul 15th, 2002 10:17 AM

I'd rather listen to the people in this board who can be "brutally" honest than to go to the message board in visitaruba.com who only have glowing reviews for this island and if you try to say anything bad, they will attack you like mad dogs.

a Professional Agent Jul 15th, 2002 12:41 PM

There are no motorized watersports that I saw at the Tam.<BR>I am a Travel Agent and no it is not a luxury property, but I was suprised, I really liked it and booked a number of people there after my stay with no complaints.<BR>There are rocks in the ocean, so bring watershoes. Since you are on the Mega Plan you can eat drink and etc at the Divi.<BR>To get to town the bus is about $1.00.<BR>There are no hairdryers in the room so bring those. I did not know this, but I called the front desk and asked for one and it was delivered 20 minutes later.<BR>

jenna Jul 15th, 2002 04:48 PM

Wow! You make it sound like making a reservation for a date 6 months from now is an irreversible decision. I guess you rather walk off a cliff once you decide that's the direction you want to go and lash out at people that are trying to steer you in the right direction. Oh, well. as far as I'm concerned you can have a rotten vacation in a plce that is a well known dump. Don't come back here posting about your "negative" experience there.

Linda Jul 16th, 2002 05:10 AM

You'll have to go to Palm Beach (more activity in this area) for motorized watersports. For fun things to do..jeep safari, party bus, sunset cruise, Baby Beach and try to get out to dinner 1 or 2 nights and sample some of the wonderful restaurants.

Laura Jul 16th, 2002 11:48 AM

Important note: You have share priviledges with the Divi ONLY if you've booked into the Deluxe Oceanview category.

Get Real Jul 16th, 2002 11:59 AM

Hey Jenna,<BR><BR>Do the words "C U next Tuesday" mean anything to you? Give it a rest, and go seek some anger mgmt.

Frank Jul 16th, 2002 12:09 PM

Michelle,<BR><BR>Although some posters came off as angry (Jenna) and one or two others, they WERE in fact trying to tell you something. Your response was not only rude, but completely disrepectful. Do you honestly expect people to lend a helping hand when you treat them like trash? Your attitude sucks. Soory, but that's the cold hard truth.<BR><BR>Maybe you could be the bigger person here, overlook some of the hostility, and get it through your thick head that you may have made a mistake in booking a "not so desirable" resort. Then while your brain is still functioning somewhat normally, did you ever think that most vacations are easily changed when you are still 6 months away? <BR><BR>I understand that people get a bit rude on this board, but you really need to wake up. You get what you pay for in this world, and usually get treated as you treat others. Get the picture yet?<BR>Life is way too short to be so nasty & angry.....try being nice....it's much more fun!!

KB Jul 16th, 2002 01:02 PM

I think Michelle has a point. She didn't ask for a review of the hotel, but for suggestions on what to do while she is there. She wanted to "make our trip more enjoyable." Posts like "Tam is a dump, pick another hotel" with no further information, details aren't particularly polite or helpful either and certainly won't go far to making her trip more enjoyable.

Julie Jul 16th, 2002 01:14 PM

I agree, Michelle does have a point. BUT, the way she lashed out at everyone was childish at best. <BR><BR>Frank, certainly has a way with words, albeit a tad bit harsh.....but a lot of truth behind his thoughts.

anon Jul 16th, 2002 01:14 PM

Michelle still could have worded it more tactfully. No reason for that kind of attitude, especially when you're asking for help.

Marilyn Jul 22nd, 2002 09:15 AM

We are all quite aware that you have already booked for December. What we are trying to tell you is that you still have plenty of time to change your mind and go elsewhere if you want to have a truly enjoyable vacation.