Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page > Has Anyone Taken A Cruise on Commodore Lines From New Orleans?

Has Anyone Taken A Cruise on Commodore Lines From New Orleans?

Jun 12th, 1998, 05:43 PM
Jane

Has Anyone Taken A Cruise on Commodore Lines From New Orleans?

I was wondering if anyone has taken one of the cruises on Commodore Cruise Lines that leaves from New Orleans. If so, please tell me what you thought of it and if you would recommend them to anyone.

Thanks in advance,
Jane

Jun 30th, 1998, 12:16 PM
Becky

My sister and I took a cruise with them last year. Neither one of us had ever been out of the country. I thought it was a wonderful experience. We went to Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Montego Bay. I have never been on another cruise so I can't compare it to anything, but we enjoyed ourselves. There was a variety of age groups. I also recommend that before going to ports, they give lectures about each site and it's very informational and worthwhile. The people were kind and friendly and we never had trouble with the service or our luggage.

Jul 1st, 1998, 07:14 AM
Michael

Yes, we went a couple of years ago on the same itinerary as the previous poster. All in all, a pleasant experience. Certainly not upscale, but for the money, it was fine. Just keep your expectations in perspective.

Jul 1st, 1998, 10:22 AM
Christie Partee

My parents and grandmother have gone on two Commdore cruises and were very happy with everything. They are not the type of people who like to wear tuxedos to dinner, but prefer a more casual atmosphere, so Commodore was just fine for them.

Search this Thread