Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   Has anyone stayed at Timothy Beach Resort? (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/has-anyone-stayed-at-timothy-beach-resort-100482/)

Andrea Jan 15th, 2001 06:50 AM

Has anyone stayed at Timothy Beach Resort?

My husband & I are planning our vacation for end of June through the 1st week of July. We have been looking at the different hotels on St.Kitts & decided that Timothy Beach Resort is what we want. Has anyone been there during summer months? We want a nice vacation without a lot of screaming children around. Also if anyone knows how the snorkeling is please let us know. Thanks Again!!!!

Bill Jan 16th, 2001 04:47 AM

<BR>We have been going to Timothy Beach Resort for many years. It is the only resort on the calm caribbean beach. The snorkeling is great and the weather will be perfect at that time. The sunsets are beautiful from the excellent restaurant,bar and pool overlooking the beach. You will love it.

just Jan 16th, 2001 12:18 PM

Bill, do you have a financial interest in Timothy Resort? I ask this because I have noticed that you answer almost any "where should I go" question with the same exact phrase and recommendation. It sounds canned, especially the part about "the only resort on the calm Caribbean beach"... Most people who recommend a certain place sincerely usually answer quite specifically, not a generic response such as you gave (avoiding the question about kids and summer visiting...) <BR> <BR>No offense intended, sir. But I wouldn't want Andrea to get the wrong idea...

Cathy Jan 16th, 2001 02:31 PM

Actually, Timothy Beach IS the only resort on the Caribbean! I have stayed at the Timothy about 5 times. It is fine, but not deluxe. SKB is so underdeveloped that I have never heard the screams of children other than my own. <BR> <BR>I must confess that I own a house on the island and have visited many times. The summer is a great time because the water is lovely and there aren't as many cruise ships filled with "boat people." The trade winds keep the humidity down. You can have entire beaches to yourself. <BR> <BR>There are several snorkling locations and secluded beaches, wonderful people who haven't learned to hate tourists yet, good restaurants and gorgeous sunrises and sunsets. Enjoy yourselves. <BR> <BR>Cathy

Beth Jan 22nd, 2001 04:49 PM

Hi Andrea, <BR>We've been to the Caribbean many times in the summer months. Our anniversary is in late July and we have celebrated it on St. Kitts a number of times. We have also been on a Caribbean cruise in July, to Florida, and to Grand Cayman. <BR>The weather in St. Kitts is light years better than Florida in the summer - much lower humidity and there will be an occasional brief shower. Even if there are a few clouds in the sky you can still work on your tan and the weather is quite pleasant. The air temperature seems no warmer than usual from our experience. I did think Grand Cayman was really hot in the summer, but it might have been just the timing. <BR>St. Kitts is a friendly place, but even friendlier in the summer. We love it that time of year. It is not a crowded island any time of the year, but in the summer you can have an entire beach to yourself most any day. We love to snorkel and I'll be happy to give specifics on sites. Also, be sure to take the catamaran cruise to Nevis. You will have a great time! Oh by the way, we stay at Timothy Beach and love it there. Beth [email protected]