Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page > Has anyone stayed at Harbour Village in Bonaire?
Notices

Has anyone stayed at Harbour Village in Bonaire?

Oct 23rd, 2000, 02:38 PM
Lucy

Has anyone stayed at Harbour Village in Bonaire?

Does anyone have any pictures or trip reports of Harbour Village in Bonaire? Anything would be useful!

Oct 24th, 2000, 10:17 AM
Louise

Hi - I posted on your other question regarding Bonaire. Yes, we just returned and stayed at the Harbour Village. The beach there is lovely and there is snorkeling right in front. We stayed in a beachfront lanai and just had to walk out our door and across a small sidewalk to the beach. There were very few people there as it was low season. The restaurants (4) were good but I was very happy we paid in advance for the meals as they were expensive. I did find our room dark but then you are rarely inside anyway. Any other questions please feel free to e-mail me and I will try and answer them.

Oct 24th, 2000, 10:57 AM
Louise

Lucy - I forgot to mention to take into consideration the taxes - they are extremely high. The government tax is I believe l5% and the tourism levy 5%. That really adds up. Also, there are two good sites www.bonaire.org and www.infobonaire.com with people posting on them about various subjects. There have been problems with ALM airline which had me worried beforehand and true to form our luggage did not arrive with us or leave the same time we did. For some people it was being forwarded to their homes. For us, we were not going home directly home and had to stay over a day in Miami to wait for it.

Search this Thread