Harbour Island day trip

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 09:15 AM
Martin

Harbour Island day trip

Hi, We're headed to Paradise Island for a week. We want to spend a day on Harbour Island and plan to take the Fast Ferry. My question is - should we sign up for the Fast Ferry day trip (which gets us lunch plus access to showers, etc) or just wing it? I'd rather be on our own for lunch, I'm just concerned about not having a place to clean up if we swim/snorkel a bit. Any suggestions? Any places near the beach that would rent a room for a day at a reasonable rate? Any other suggestions for things to do/see while we're there?<BR><BR>Thanks in advance.

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 10:08 AM
Doug

Hi Martin, the day trip over to Harbour Island from Nassau is a good bargain and there are showers located on the beach at the Pink Sands resort.There are restrooms nearby as well for you to get changed from swimming activities. Stop by Arthur's Bakery for great pastries. Rent a golf cart to get around the island at Michael's Cycles. Have a great trip...Doug

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 09:24 PM
tweedy

Martin, your trip to Harbour Island will be alot of fun. You might consider taking the ferry one way and fly Bahamas Air the other leg. That way you can see everything from the sky and it is an amazing site. The waters are crystal clear and you can actually see the fish swiming as you land at N. Eleuthera airport.<BR><BR>There are budget hotels on the island and you can get a room for around $50 for the day off season. <BR><BR>I would not bother with the package from the ferry, and when you get to the island, ask Reggie, who has a room for you for the day. Reggie is the cab driver on island and can give you a tour and help with whatever accomodations you are looking for.<BR><BR>There are so many good places on island for lunch/dinner/drinks. You actually might want to stay overnight and see some of the island, if you have the time.<BR><BR>For lunch try Pink Sands beach bar, or Coral Sands. There's also Harbour Lounge, The Landing and Angelas Starfish (great Bahamian food, the conch salad is a must)<BR><BR>You can snorkle right off the beach or take a snorkle trip with Valentine's or Ocean Fox Diving.<BR><BR>Come visit the Harbour Island website for more info at www.briland.com and email me if you have any other questions [email protected].<BR><BR>Have a great time.<BR><BR>tweedy

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 08:20 AM
Davis

Martin;<BR><BR>The Pink Sands beach bar "Blue Bar" cannot be beat for lunch on the island. Check with Coral Sands about a "day room" for you to use. You'll really enjoy the island, it's great!!

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 08:48 AM
Martin

Thanks, everyone!