Reload this Page >

HAITI - where to stay and best beach

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 04:39 AM
red

I hear Haiti is quite cheap so I plan to spend my vacation there to save some money. Where is the best hotel and the best beach. I want a nice hotel and also good places to eat. thanks

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 04:44 AM
wesley

is it safe to to there? I thought it was very dangerous and not a place to visit, plus the AIDS is bad too.

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 05:12 AM
Rob

Red,<BR>If you're sincere and not a troll. I would seriously suggest that you read the US government travel advisory for Haiti. <BR>I'm sure it is quite cheap to go to Haiti, however your ability to travel there safely is highly questionable. The crime rate is growing and it is a politically unstable nation. The travel advisory even states that travelers not depend on Haitian Police for protection. <BR>The only hotels and restaurants to speak of are in Port Au Prince. There is virtually nothing in the rest of the country. <BR>If you're looking for inexpensive Caribbean travel I would consider someplace like the Dominican Republic. It's much more stable and there are many many choices of places to stay and eat.

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 09:02 AM
Topper

TTT

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 10:00 AM
anon

I think Red stands for Red Flag. Must be a troll.

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 11:12 AM
Isabella

Red,<BR><BR>I lived in Haiti and absolutely love that country, however, I don't really think it is a good vacation spot. It is by no means cheap. The flights are costly and transportation is a nightmare. The resorts that they do have are somewhat primitive and isolated. I recommend Mexico or The Dominican Republic. <BR>Isabella

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 11:17 AM
Isabella

It is me again!!! I wanted to respond to some of the replies you received. I felt very safe in Haiti. I just used common sense and was never harmed. Also, the AIDS problem is greatly exaggerated. Sometimes, there are political problems and you have to stay off the roads to the beaches. I had to miss a few days of school due to political protests, etc. Isabella

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 05:06 PM
hop

If you make it back, please post to let us know.

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 04:20 AM
red

OK thanks. I have done some futher research and have now decided that Haiti is not for me. So, now, what can anyone tell me about a nice holiday in the mountains of Colombia?

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 04:33 AM
Of for cryin out loud

You are a crack head. Stop wasting cyberspace.

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 07:56 AM
red

Yeah, so why do you think I want to go to Colombia? Go to the source so to speak yeah mon

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 06:04 PM
sassy

I beg to differ. Haiti offers the finest selection of malaria carrying mosquitoes anywhere in the world. I say go for it. If you don't have any luck with this trip, I've also heard that Afghanistan, Iran, and Iraq have some great travel deals this time of the year.

Old Jun 5th, 2002, 05:12 PM
shoot

Yes!! I, too, have heard about the great beaches and nightlife in Afghanistan. I also heard Siberia had a wonderful resort area if you're interested.