Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Hut on a Beach in Puerto Rico, St. Croix or St. John?

Old Aug 23rd, 2000, 07:15 PM
Nicki

My boyfriend and I are going to Puerto Rico, St. John or St. Croix (or a mixture of all three!) in mid Sept and are looking for lodging. What we really want is a hut on a beach that doesn't cost too much - we don't need A/C or TV or the other things that make lodging super comfy. We just want a comfy bed and close proximity to a beach. Although we'd like to go budget, we are willing to do budget a few nights and splurge on the others to get what we want at least part of the time. Does anyone have any ideas? Please feel free to email me directly if you want. Thanks!

Old Aug 24th, 2000, 10:56 AM
Lara

You could go camping on St. John at Maho Bay or Cinammon Bay. <BR> <BR>http:/ / www.mahobay.com/ <BR>http://www.cinnamonbay.com/

Old Aug 24th, 2000, 11:38 AM
kiersten

I would recomm. staying on St. John in one of the eco-tourist camps..and then splurge on activities like scuba/snorkel, sail, dining, ferry trip to ohter islands. Check the refund policy due to Hurricnaes though..you are in season! <BR>Enjoy! That is my favorite part of the world

Old Aug 24th, 2000, 12:07 PM
peg

Hi Nicki -- told ya folks would suggest St. John. Maho camp may be a very good solution for you! Peg <BR>

Old Aug 25th, 2000, 10:13 AM
Melissa

Another vote for Maho! Sleeping in the open air (within a canvas and screen cottage) on a hillside - walk to the beach - barefoot all the time. Great healthy food, best beaches i have ever seen....