Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Bologa Bay Resort vs Marriott frenchmans warf?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29th, 2002, 12:36 PM
Linda

We are going to St. Thomas for our honeymoon and need to decide between the two hotels. There is only a slight difference in price.

Old Jun 30th, 2002, 04:41 AM
xxx

We took a cruise and were on a catamaran from St. Thomas to St. John and saw the Marriott Frenchman's Reef from the ocean--it really looked nice! Read the travelers reviews on both properties at Where2Stay.com.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 06:57 AM
vickie

We were in St. Thomas a few months ago. Drove by Bolongo Bay and from the road it looked very shabby. I was relieved we had decided not to stay there. I've read many good posts about Frenchman's Reef.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 07:26 AM
cdt

Very different atmospheres. Frenchman's Reef is quite large and gets a lot of groups (conventions, etc.). The beach is at the adjacent Marriott Morningstar Resort and although it's not far, you need a combination of elevators and walking to get there.<BR><BR>Bolongo is much smaller and does a lot of family business. It has sort of a folksy summer-camp type feel - lots of organized activities for the guests. The beach is right in front of the rooms. Nice protected bay, although a bit rocky as you walk in.<BR><BR>Generally I would characterize the Reef as more upscale with nicer rooms. It's also closer to Charlotte Amalie, which may be a plus or a minus, depending on your viewpoint.<BR><BR>Actually, I'm surprised these are the same in price. Make sure you're not comparing all-inclusive at Bolongo to non-inclusive at the Marriott.<BR><BR>For a honeymoon I would probably opt for the Marriott. Be sure to visit St. John while you're in the neighborhood.<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 08:56 AM
Lisa

My husband and I stayed at the Marriott Frenchman's Reef in May and loved it..Our room was in the Morningstar section of the property. If you can, stay there. If you do end up staying at the main lobby area of the resort, there is a shuttle that will take you down to the beach..(it is actually only a 5 minute stroll which we loved to take). The beach is very nice here as well.. The post before mine is dead on, get over to St. John. We loved it and have already booked our next trip for Feb.