Notices

Guanahani or Isle de France??

Dec 4th, 2001, 08:49 AM
Nicole

Guanahani or Isle de France??

HELP. We are so confused on which resort is better suited for us. We enjoy very remote, excellent beach w/ great access. Not too commercial or busy. Any suggestions. First time in St. Baths as well.

Dec 6th, 2001, 11:45 AM
Ev

Hi, we stayed just down the "Cul de sac" from Guananhani and the beach was uncrowded. Good windsurfing too. The property lookes great, and the whole island can be characterized as "non-comercial". It is our favorite, even more than Hawaii, thanks to our Franchophile leanings! Enjoy

Dec 7th, 2001, 02:30 PM
JB

Nicole,

Isle De France would be my choice. It is my favorite beach on the island. The hotel is extremely elegant (so is your other choice though) and very remote. I felt like we owned the beach when we were there - granted it was off season, but there were no more than 15 people on the entire beach. The restaurant was good also.

Dec 11th, 2001, 10:29 AM
Sue

Nicole - we stayed at the Guananhani last year ($1000 night) - it was wonderful but I would recommend that you be specific Re: the location of your villa. Many of them are a hike up from the beach and restaurant/bar area. We also stayed at St. Barth's Beach Hotel ($250 night) - it wasn't bad! The room was basic but the service, restaurant and beach was fantastic. We visited Isle De France for a drink - beautiful property (very secluded), however, we felt it was a bit out of the way. Sereno Beach (Grand Cul De Sac) just went through a major renovation - unique bar and beach scene along with sushi bar and outside tents. Regardless, just bring lots of money and you'll have a blast in St. Barths. In addition, it's one of the safest and cleanist islands we have ever been to!

Search this Thread